DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

13 hours ago, dudalb said:

So Far.

NY concern is not so much with Governments, but some Terrorist group, particularly one of the relgiously motivated ones, getting ahold of some bio weapon . They are MUCH easier t make then Nukes and relgiously motivated terrorist are not exacly the most rational people on the planet earth.

It's something that Hitler may have probably been able to achieve with today's technology. 

From today there are no longer any restrictions i Denmark. No masks no nothing.

86% of all over 12 years old are vaccinated

75% of the entire population are vaccinated

96% of people over 50 years are vaccinated

we hope to add a few more % but things are looking good so far

• Like 7
33 minutes ago, fmpro said:

From today there are no longer any restrictions i Denmark. No masks no nothing.

86% of all over 12 years old are vaccinated

75% of the entire population are vaccinated

96% of people over 50 years are vaccinated

we hope to add a few more % but things are looking good so far

That's some crazy stats

2 hours ago, Chicago said:

That's some crazy stats

Could look like the bare minimum to keep Delta down. Infections went down after 70% of entire population were fully vaccinated, but its still out there not giving up.

Deaths are up a bit because Pfizer begins to fade after 6-8 months among elderly and weak. So we started giving 3rd dose to those 1%

99,3% in hospitals under 50 years old are unvaccinated.

Yes. We have idiots in Denmark to

• Like 3
Just now, fmpro said:

Could look like the bare minimum to keep Delta down. Infections went down after 70% of entire population were fully vaccinated, but its still out there not giving up.

Deaths are up a bit because Pfizer begins to fade after 6-8 months among elderly and weak. So we started giving 3rd dose to those 1%

99,3% in hospitals under 50 years old are unvaccinated.

Yes. We have idiots in Denmark to

Can they mandate vaccine to get health care access or something like that. 

Most of the states in USA are able to avoid their winter-like surge under Delta after more than 55% of the total population vaccinated like CA, and Northeast State. So safe to say that 55%-60% is the threshold to achieve partial herd immunity. 

23 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

It's hard to do that because anti vaxers still fund the healthcare with their taxes. Even criminals have access to health care so it's hard for any government to stoop that low, even if it's something everyone has thought about. 

If a drunk driver crashes, killing members of the public, hospitals will still try and treat the driver at fault. Hospitals will never turn someone away over a political motive. If they see someone struggling to breathe outside their hospital, it's hard to imagine any nurse or doctor refuse to save their life because they are idiots. These people deal with idiots day in and out as is

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

No. We haven`t used any force at all here. All is volentary and it will crawl to around 80% in the next couple of months.
Around 83-84% if 6-11 year old gets approved here in Oktober.. If that plus 5-6% that have antibodys from Covid is not enough..

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Most of the states in USA are able to avoid their winter-like surge under Delta after more than 55% of the total population vaccinated like CA, and Northeast State. So safe to say that 55%-60% is the threshold to achieve partial herd immunity. 

Looks like. But some restrictions are still needed apperently. Looks like 75ish % is the magical number to let your gards down

12 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Looks like. But some restrictions are still needed apperently. Looks like 75ish % is the magical number to let your gards down

Not really.

It's not about how many are vaccinated, it's about how many have antibodies.

3 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Not really.

It's not about how many are vaccinated, it's about how many have antibodies.

I know
And we saw a difference around 70% vaccinated plus 5-6% with antibodys from Covid. So there you go. 75% 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, fmpro said:

I know
And we saw a difference around 70% vaccinated plus 5-6% with antibodys from Covid. So there you go. 75% 

The antibody seropositive rate in the UK is 97%, we still have a lot of infections going on.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1016276/Weekly_Flu_and_COVID-19_report_w36.pdf

(page 74)

On 9/10/2021 at 6:59 AM, Inceptionzq said:

This thread has taken a strange turn. How about something actually related to Covid?

I really doubt the "effectiveness" of this mandate, American is much more stubborn. As we can see, no even huge delta surge can lead huge surge in vaccination, of course they are higher but just not high enough like the trend we saw with France after its mandate announcement. 

2 months since Delta wave and after so many small-mid scale mandate , fully vaccinated %  in USA "only" move from 48% to 54%. 

I can understand your pessimism when it comes to the mandate but understand this it pretty much puts every major corporation in a bind that is going to force people to get vaccines as the program to set up test is simply too expensive.

It's one thing to be willing to die for your political reasons it's another to sacrifice your entire family and their financial livelihood for BS reasons. I promise you a lot of people are going to crumble as they should as they knew they needed an out and this is it.

Separately, 

We have canceled or limited most travel but I did book Iceland just today in April of next year. I got three business class seats for $2,980. Non-stop from Seattle to Reykjavik.

Also just a heads up icelandair is doing a sale all over the US to several different cities in Europe 

Bear in mind their business class is the equivalent of domestic first class with better food.

Still for under $1,000 per ticket if you're going somewhere other than Iceland coming from New York Chicago and others you can get a free stopover for several days and Iceland which is a pretty sweet deal. That option is not available in Seattle as they charge $400 more.

2 hours ago, cdsacken said:

I can understand your pessimism when it comes to the mandate but understand this it pretty much puts every major corporation in a bind that is going to force people to get vaccines as the program to set up test is simply too expensive.

It's one thing to be willing to die for your political reasons it's another to sacrifice your entire family and their financial livelihood for BS reasons. I promise you a lot of people are going to crumble as they should as they knew they needed an out and this is it.

Separately, 

We have canceled or limited most travel but I did book Iceland just today in April of next year. I got three business class seats for $2,980. Non-stop from Seattle to Reykjavik.

Im going too next year😀  were flying to Keflavik though. Have a great trip. Its amazing up there

• Like 1