DeeCee

Coronavirus | COVID-19 | Global Pandemic | PLEASE KEEP DISCUSSION TO THIS THREAD

Sort of off topic, but after, from reading some reviews finding out what the villain's main plot is in the Bond film No Time To Die;  we learn a lot about why it became the first major fiom to have it;'s release delayed because of the CovidL

Spoiler

A Bioweaon that spreads a lethal virus is the major Macguffin of the film.

And  in keeping with the Stupid About Covid Hollywood Celebs theme....

..https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/letitia-wright-reportedly-continued-to-share-anti-vax-views-on-e2-80-98black-panther-2-e2-80-99-set/ar-AAPcRqU?ocid=uxbndlbing

I got a feeling her co stars and the Marvel Studio PR department are not exactly fond of Wright at the moment.

Edited by dudalb

New South Wales reopens to fully vaccinated international travellers from 1st November 2021. That means anyone from anywhere for any reason. 

It is rising in parts of Europe again unfortunately. Even in Portugal where we have a staggering 85% of total population vaccinated the number of cases is going up.

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

It is rising in parts of Europe again unfortunately. Even in Portugal where we have a staggering 85% of total population vaccinated the number of cases is going up.

Not in significant numbers unless you have other data.  

Screenshot-2021-10-22-6-14-13-PM.png

Germany, Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands, Austria are all sharply climbing in cases, some at their highest since April. The UK is heading back towards its July peak. Eastern Europe is quickly becoming a disaster. Only safe regions left at the moment are Italy/Spain and Scandinavia.

21 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Not in significant numbers unless you have other data.  

Screenshot-2021-10-22-6-14-13-PM.png

That is how it starts, but my major point was that cases are rising all over Europa, even in a country like Portugal where we are all vaccinated (except kids and 2-3% of dumb anti-vaxxes who think COVID is a hoax).

I hope I am wrong and this is dying down, but I don't believe it. Not a very positive person, I admit it.

25 minutes ago, CJohn said:

That is how it starts, but my major point was that cases are rising all over Europa, even in a country like Portugal where we are all vaccinated (except kids and 2-3% of dumb anti-vaxxes who think COVID is a hoax).

I hope I am wrong and this is dying down, but I don't believe it. Not a very positive person, I admit it.

Yes but didn't Ireland and Portugal get rid of all prevention measures 

6 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

Yes but didn't Ireland and Portugal get rid of all prevention measures 

Some are still in place here, like masks in indoor places and vaccination pass in discos/bars, but most measures else was removed, yeah.

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Some are still in place here, like masks in indoor places and vaccination pass in discos/bars, but most measures else was removed, yeah.

Ah ok that makes sense. A similar thing happened when Alberta got rid of all prevention measures. 

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Oct. 22nd.  It will have a few flares in regions where it hadn't burned through yet, but essentially Delta is done in the United States.  

Screenshot-2021-10-22-3-54-57-PM.png

The 7 day average nationwide has gone from 88k to 75k in the past week, a 15% drop. Before that, it was a 14% week-to-week drop. If the current pace holds, the average at Thanksgiving should be around 20k per day. It'll probably stay there for the rest of the year depending how much boosters help.