Inceptionzq

Top 100 Sci-Fi movies. No Superhero movies are allowed. Deadline is February 29th

Star Wars and Superhero movies allowed?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Should Star Wars and Superhero movies be allowed in the Sci-Fi countdown?

• Yes: Star Wars
    • No: Star Wars
    • Yes: Superhero
    • No: Superhero

This poll is closed to new votes

On 2/4/2020 at 2:03 PM, Inceptionzq said:

Perhaps for all intents and purposes, we exclude most of them(the superhero ones). And to that extent, exclude Star Wars too. Let’s try to shine the spotlight on movies that are more of a true Sci-Fi

I would like to see what my favorite sci-fi looks like without SW or CBM's involved. if I added them, some Star Wars and Avengers 3 & 4 would automatically go to the top  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with running more of an explicitly “top 100 Sci-Fi that aren’t part of a mega-franchise” though, if that’s what people are more interested in seeing.

Or  we could have a limit on number of films per franchise. That would prevent too much cluttering.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Well... superhero movies: NO. Different genre, all of them should be excluded even if they have sci-fi elements

But Star Wars, obviously yes. It is the ultimate science-fiction movie franchise (space opera).

My 2cents (and I don't really do rankings anyway), if SW is excluded to include lesser known SF movies instead that's fine too.

I'd be okay with Star Wars being included, it is Sci-Fi (and Fantasy). but I agree Superhero is a genre all of it's own and should have it's own countdown anyways.

• Like 1

My call is I guess exclude superhero stuff but I get the argument why they could be there.  My main reason as someone said already is there was already a list for those specifically. 

But I'm good either way 

55 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

Should Star Wars and Superhero movies be allowed in the Sci-Fi countdown?

Like for yes. Thanks for no. Disbelief for SW only.

Reveal hidden contents

Yes Star Wars, no to superhero unless it's something like Guardians of the Galaxy 

I think anything where aliens or A.I. play a major part should count as sci fi.

That would include Avenger movies, Star Wars movies, Guardians of the Galaxy movies and most Superman movies but exclude most superhero movies..

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Mmm yeah, I don’t see how you can exclude some CBMs. If they have science-fiction content, they fall into the SF genre.

This is your way of saying vote for Invasion Of The Body Snatchers?  Who are you😘

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2