lorddemaxus

Weekend Thread - Odin Jr Sat #s - Bad Boys 10, 1917 5.4, Dolittle 4.2, Jumanji 3.2, Gretel 2.5, Rhythm 1.05

52 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

I'm surprised Doolittle is holding well. Guess the family market needed something since Spies in Disguise wasn't huge. This makes me feel like Sonic is gonna really breakout.

I'm desperate to see something this weekend so I may actually go see Dolittle with my Alist 😅

@TwoMisfits can agree, but all of family crowd I know that has seen it (a lot and varied in demos as well) have all given it good reviews. Enough that my wife and I have moved it up on our list of ones to redbox down the road for a family movie night. So that is part of the reason for legs. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AdrianL said:

I'm surprised Doolittle is holding well. Guess the family market needed something since Spies in Disguise wasn't huge. This makes me feel like Sonic is gonna really breakout.

I'm desperate to see something this weekend so I may actually go see Dolittle with my Alist 😅

Not the worst idea:)...it's not Casablanca or Titanic or Avengers Infinity War, but for what it tries to be, a simple throwback family movie, it's actually pretty good.  Go in with the right expectations and you'll probably enjoy a sweet, somewhat funny, tight, well-paced little movie:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

5 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

Pretty great Saturday for holdovers.

https://m.the-numbers.com/box-office-chart/daily/2019/02/03

Last year best drop in the top 10 was Marry Poppins, 54%. Worst was Upside, 69%.

65% drop for Bad Boys would be awesome. That would mean 18.7m weekend. I think 200m is in play as February is not that strong. 

BB3 is really holding well on weekends.  These Saturday increases are nice.   Also I know some don't think "1917" holds are the best but I think it's doing fantastic.  This is a War Film, it's not like they always break the box office.   The newcomers the last 3 weeks have been pretty underwhelming.  I know Horror films keep the budgets in check but these horror performances haven't been good.  

4 hours ago, Jedi Jat said:

Bbfl 10

1917 5.4

Dolittle 4.2

Jumanji 3.2

G&H 2.5

TRS 1.05

The fact that Rhythm Section decreased LOL. I guess it may not have as huge a Sunday drop as the more male-oriented films like Bad Boys but still holy 3M may not even happen. 

14 hours ago, AdrianL said:

Coming so close to birds of prey will.prevent that