TMP

Weekend Thread | Birds of Prey $33.25M Weekend

4 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Although I'd say its probably justified, maybe we shouldn't panic just yet? Even with a lower OD, the movie is looking at a higher OW in both France and Germany. Asia is dead but it's not just because of the movie itself. I doubt the movie is surpassing Shazam DOM but I think we should wait until either Deadline early Friday numbers or Jat Friday numbers.

Bop only got second place on its OD in Korean. Wouldn't blame the virus for its underperforming there

• Like 1

Just now, OncomingStorm93 said:

I really wish I heard that three weeks ago from grim (who decided I was trolling) like I requested... I still don’t appreciate being blatantly ignored by an admin when requesting a threadban explanation. I didn’t even attempt to refute the accusation, I clearly asked you and grim how to avoid the perception of trolling moving forward. No response.

Because apparently pointing out the lack of advanced screenings compared to other recent DC films was crossing the line.... Even though it was 100% factually accurate. Riddle me that.

The lack of advanced screenings wasn't the main thing, more the straw that broke the camel's back. You were using it as another excuse to be ultra-negative and poison the well for the movie, which you have done for months. Think of it as a threadban for your continuous behavior. And I'm sorry I didn't respond to you earlier. In hindsight, that was a mistake on my part. I felt as if since Grim was the guy who doled out the threadban, he should have explained why. I promise to do better in the future.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Update

MTC1 - overall 4150 shows 87380/833923 1330621.05 post 6PM 2204 shows 55894/438376 900163.28

MTC2 - overall 3974 shows 58791/651393 635332.52 post 6PM 1725 shows 30542/278299 385902.88 

I would say MTC1 would finish around 140-150K while MTC2 is looking at 85-90K. 

Comparisons. 

Bad Boys OD Finish

MTC1 End - overall 2947 shows 258762/575718 3556367.70 post 6PM 1718 shows 198194/334720 2818159.49 
MTC2 End - overall 2732 shows 189437/428177 2016271.00  post 6PM 1260 shows 125336/192744 1487326.00 

So Deadline should be on the mark with early projections. 

Thanks for all the numbers. As disappointing as the numbers are for fans like me I still really appreciate these numbers, it definitely lessens the blow when you know what’s coming.

With regards to the movie, never in my wildest dreams did I expect this to open this low, I’m pretty shocked but after reading the tracking thread the last week or so I had already prepared myself for what looked to be a disappointing opening(but not this level).

It’s good to see people enjoying the movie  For the most part but because of this box office I’ll be really interested to see what WB has planned next for Harley after the new Suicide Squad.

Just gonna say this: the staff has made plenty of mistakes in the past. We're all human. And when we realize we did something wrong, we'll fix that. But if you don't like the way the website is run, or think we're "silencing opinions" or being too harsh when it comes to threadbans...why are you here? There are plenty of other places on the Internet to talk about movies and box office. Every movie forum I've ever been on has box office talk in it, and from people who know a good deal about the business. I know that seems harsh or unwelcoming or whatever, but it just seems like a waste of time for you to stick around at a place you don't like.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, cax16 said:

it definitely lessens the blow when you know what’s coming.

I imagine that yes, a lot of people without them were probably still hoping for a 60M start, while people wishing it achieve to stay above 40M get much less of a surprise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eric Sionis said:

The lack of advanced screenings wasn't the main thing, more the straw that broke the camel's back. You were using it as another excuse to be ultra-negative and poison the well for the movie, which you have done for months. Think of it as a threadban for your continuous behavior. And I'm sorry I didn't respond to you earlier. In hindsight, that was a mistake on my part. I felt as if since Grim was the guy who doled out the threadban, he should have explained why. I promise to do better in the future.

I didn't even receive any kind of warning about my supposed continued negativity. You'd think that if it were such an issue (over months no less), a staff member would advise me well before it reached the point of threadban, and even then give an explanation. I don't blame you. I blame Grim. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eric Sionis said:

Just gonna say this: the staff has made plenty of mistakes in the past. We're all human. And when we realize we did something wrong, we'll fix that. But if you don't like the way the website is run, or think we're "silencing opinions" or being too harsh when it comes to threadbans...why are you here? There are plenty of other places on the Internet to talk about movies and box office. Every movie forum I've ever been on has box office talk in it, and from people who know a good deal about the business. It just seems like a waste of time for you to stick around at a place you don't like.

They're complaining about certain mods not necessarily the forum itself.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, xiazhi said:

Bop only got second place on its OD in Korean. Wouldn't blame the virus for its underperforming there

Actually Korea is one of the places where I could see the virus having a impact, but it would have done poorly anyway.

Just now, Krissykins said:

Really enjoyed the film! 

Shame about the box office. 

Happens with me all the time.

I STILL regret that "Master And Commander' was not a big hit and we got a "Aubery'Matarin" franchise based on the Patrick O Brien novels.But that is just the way things happen.

As far as this site goes, worst thing about BOP underperforming is that the whole Marvel vs DC Bullshit will flare up again .You know a couple of the more obnoxious Marvel fanboys will not be able to keep from gloating, and off we go.....

1 hour ago, Nova said:

A “professional” writer said this in the write up of a box office article. Clearly deadline is not biased at all. 

Yeh, out of touch with critics and audiences who’ve seen it too. 

so $80-90m domestic. Guessing the same internationally then. 

WB will be 1. Glad they kept the budget low and 2. Regretting making it R, when they marketed it mostly to young girls.