TMP

Weekend Thread | Birds of Prey $33.25M Weekend

9 minutes ago, Eric Sionis said:

HP8 will open to 300M. Quote me when I'm right (or wrong).

More likely sub-$300m dom total. WB's handling of the Wizarding World is on par with their handling of the Monsterverse 

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

11 minutes ago, TMP said:

Matrix still has nostalgia like Bad Boys 3 did, HP8 won't because there's been more movies and books set in that world since 2011. I'm not even that high on M4, but the brand management's certainly a lot better than the Wizarding World's implosion. Watch FB3 not even hit $100m dom

Mate... If FB collapsed, then what the hell do you call what happened with The Matrix? Over less than a year?

Come on, be a bit objective here. Sure, there will be some nostalgia for it, and I expect it will be a good sized hit, but your dismissal of a theoretical HP8 (which wouldn't come within the next few years anyway) is just silly.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

I expect the drops to be bad next week. I don't think it's connecting with audiences as much as reviews might suggest (my screening in the UK was half-full but the reaction was incredibly muted). Definitely not hitting 200 WW.

To miss 200M WW needs to have a lower of 2.5 multiplier. I don't see it happening.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TMP said:

More likely sub-$300m dom total. WB's handling of the Wizarding World is on par with their handling of the Monsterverse 

You don't seem to understand how big HP is. I mean the Star Wars PT had pretty mixed reception but TFA still broke the domestic record.

Edited by Menor

Just now, stephanos13 said:

To miss 200M WW needs to have a lower of 2.5 multiplier. I don't see it happening.

Heh, guess you're far more optimistic bout its legs than I am. Next weekend will tell us more, of course - I just think its OS legs will be atrocious so that even if domestically it holds alright, 200 will be problematic.

• ...wtf 1

39 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

You mean the same John Wick: Chapter 2 that was a sequel to a movie that made half as much on OW, compared to Birds Of Prey whose DOM total is gonna do less than a third of predecessor Suicide Squad's OW? You mean the same John Wick: Chapter 2 that fought 50M+ opener Lego Batman and 40M+ opener Fifty Shades Darker in the exact same weekend? WAY TO GO, BIRDS OF PREY!

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, reddevil19 said:

I expect the drops to be bad next week. 

I expect a good drop. It's still valentine's/president's day weekend either way. I doubt it's having a drop above 50%. You can't say "the movie will have really bad WoM" just because 50 people didn't have any reaction to the movie.

I also doubt OS legs will be worse than Shazam which had worse WoM OS and Endgame towards the end of its run.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I expect a good drop. It's still valentine's/president's day weekend either way. I doubt it's having a drop above 50%. You can't say "the movie will have really bad WoM" just because 50 people didn't have any reaction to the movie.

I also doubt OS legs will be worse than Shazam which had worse WoM OS and Endgame towards the end of its run.

Domestic drop will probably be decent, yes, but I'm talking OS. Mexico and Russia will drop more than 50%. Everything else is small already.