TMP

Weekend Thread | Birds of Prey $33.25M Weekend

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Although, yes we have no certain answers yet to a lot of important questions (this is mostly due to China's lack of transparency), it's not like we can't see that China is struggling really hard here. Regardless of how bad it really is, I doubt cinemas re-open before the summer.

The big question, of course, is will the virus get out of control somewhere outside of China?

But yeah, this will not have a quick solution.

I always knew the Chinese Government was BSing when they said they wouldhave a cure/vaccine by April. You just cannot predict how quickly research will go.

45 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Your continuous pessimism is honestly tiring. 

I think sub 200 Million for BOP is a pretty realistic  projection at this point.

I really,really, liked the film but I think breaking even is the best Warners can hope for, and that is a long way rom being certain.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Name 3 things about its premise that are interesting. 

It tend to be quite similar from popular title to popular title, there will be a long list of reason why it's OW would have been in the top 25 last year among the 287 wide release but I would imagine the top 3 would look like:

1) - Big Action (set piece from the John Wick people.)

2) - Popular genre (and set in the very popular DC affair, headlining a popular characther)

3) - comedy present

• Like 1

On 2/9/2020 at 1:42 PM, dudalb said:

My biggest dissapointment was when "Master And Commander", despite all the critical praise and award nominations, failed at the box office. I would have loved to have seen a whole series of Aubery/Marutin movies based on the Patrick O Brien novels. But that's life...

And you are right:Don't become to emotionally involved with this stuff. It's fun to talk about, yes, and fun to follow movies,but if you go into a depression because a filmed flopped that is stupid. (Unless of, course, you are a share holder in the studio's stock..)

In hindsight though...95 mil for that movie is pretty terrific. Guess its budget was too high. 

https://comicbook.com/dc/2020/02/10/birds-of-prey-title-change-harley-quinn/

Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) is changing its name to Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey on all theater chain sites after a struggle to fly at the box office in its opening weekend.

Was "Live Die Repeat: Birds of Prey" already taken?

• Haha 17