TMP

Weekend Thread | Birds of Prey $33.25M Weekend

1 minute ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Well. That means what it means. I was still holding out some small hope it would go like, 5.2x8.8 or something, but... 40M is dead. 100 OS OW dead. 100M DOM total very in question.

Shall we maybe wait and see what the Friday number is before we discuss total gross? Lol.

(OS OW was guessed to be $60-70m, not $100m)

17 minutes ago, HouseOfTheSun said:

I hope a deadshot movie is in the future with Will. Dude is clearly still a huge draw and would be a smash hit. 

I would love that. Not sure how it would do but I would see the hell out of that.

Edited by cdsacken

Although much lower than such R-rated superhero fare as Joker ($13.3M), Deadpool ($12.7M) and Logan ($9.5M), Birds of Prey is looking to ultimately draw a number of females. Hopefully the under 25 female set, which is known to head to the multiplex in packs at the last minute, can raise business upward. Last night they loved Birds of the Prey  at 86%, followed by females over 25 at 85%. Those 13-17 year olds who were able to buy a ticket really loved it at 94% but they only made up 7% of the audience. Last night the mix on Comscore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak was 40% guys over 25, 26% females over 25, 18% males under 25, and 17% females under 25.

On the plus side, Birds of Prey logged a great 4 stars  and 61% definite recommend on PostTrak last night

Looking at previews demographics, it does seem really clear that WB did a garbage job at marketing the film. 58% male is too high for a film like this imo.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RealLyre said:

Welp that’s not  a great preview number to start with. 

i guess this movie will be my Alita of 2020

Gotta say I really enjoyed Alita. I wish it did 500-600 but it wasn't really a failure. It did ok. Hope it lives on in some fashion

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TMP said:

She already has an A24 film in pre-production

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

Nah, this movie isn't going to bomb and Yan still has a A24 movie coming up. I doubt she's not going anywhere.

Let me go sensationalist in peace

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Holy shit that is baaaaaad. WB is really going to have a close look at how they marketed this thing.

I’m honestly surprised it came that low. Most of the tracking thread was saying ~4.5 give or take, and most of my better comes for a movie like this were saying sort of the same thing as well. I didn’t think it would hit the lower comps but alas, I think we’re looking at 35M weekend tops. Probably 90 or so domestic.

I do have a Sonic > BOP club btw. Kind of interesting how BoP is doing numbers most expected for Bad Boys, while BB did numbers many expected BoP would do