Steven

No Time to Die OS

6 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Weaker numbers in UK & Italy than I expected, Italy is bit understandable but UK 😏

Still over/under $100M mostly.

Don't worry about that,it seems like the pandemic still effect UK market,IDK about OW anymore,I think the next weekend hold and full run is more important

Edited by Bruce

6 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Weaker numbers in UK & Italy than I expected, Italy is bit understandable but UK 😏

I don't really know what to read about the UK number yet. We haven't had a launch of this magnitude since December 2019, and there's probably still some hesitancy out there. Legs are going to be very interesting

• Like 1

https://www.screendaily.com/news/no-time-to-die-storms-to-45m-plus-uk-opening-day/5163791.article

No Time To Die scored an estimated £4.5m-£5m ($6.2m-$6.8m) UK and Ireland opening day on Thursday (September 30), according to Universal Pictures International. 

Combined with South Korea and Mexico the superspy saga that marks Daniel Craig’s fifth and final outing as James Bond has amassed an early running total of more than $7m.

The UK and Ireland opening day debut is approximately 13% above that of Spectre (Monday opening) and around 26% behind Skyfall’s Friday bow. No Time To Die is getting the widest theatrical release of all time in the UK in 772 cinemas – 25 more than previous record-holder Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker – and is also Universal’s widest UK release.

Executives at the company, which handles the international release while UA Releasing will open the film in the US on October 8, said said more than 30,000 people attended midnight screenings. They added that the film has generated 1.62m advance ticket sales for the opening four days, surpassing Spectre’s total advance bookings by more than 12% and performing in line with Skyfall at the same time pre-release.

The 25th entry in Eon and MGM’s franchise has also set record advance sales for Everyman, Picturehouse and Curzon.

In South Korea, the film has produced more than $1.2m so far comprising $665,000 from Wednesday afternoon shows in 2,167 screens for the biggest Culture Day opening for an MPA film for the year to date and a further $590,000 on Thursday.

A strong first preview day ranking number one in Mexico delivered $300,000 from 2,625 screens and 64% market share. Studio executives said Bond grossed almost seven times as much as the second-placed film and noted “strong attendance across the country”.

No Time To Die also opened in Brazil, Germany, Italy and Netherlands on Thursday and arrives in France on October 6, Russia on October 7, China on October 29 and Australia on November 11.

Cary Joji Fukunaga directed from a screenplay by Neal Purvis & Robert Wade, Scott Z. Burns with Fukunaga and Phoebe Waller-Bridge. The returning cast features Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris, Léa Seydoux, Rory Kinnear, Ben Whishaw and Jeffrey Wright, while newcomers include Ana de Armas, Dali Benssalah, David Dencik, Lashana Lynch, Billy Magnussen and Rami Malek.

5 minutes ago, SchumacherFTW said:

We haven't had a launch of this magnitude since December 2019, and there's probably still some hesitancy out there. Legs are going to be very interesting

Yeah and 1.6M pre-sales for 4 days is still keeping hopeful for weekend. Those presales shall be 16M+, so THU being 4.7M is just 😬

7 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I’m not too sure what you were expecting…. near £5m on a Thursday, and the first ‘proper’ big film after the pandemic is pretty impressive in my book.

This was never going to reach the heights of Skyfall or even Spectre here, they were truly exceptional runs, particularly Skyfall, which also struck gold due to that year being the year of the London olympics. Bond and everything British was fever pitch. Expectations need to be lowered, $100m would be nothing to sniff at in the post-pandemic era which we are only just about entering. 

Still, let’s wait and see how the weekend performs. I’m expecting a bump today.

Edited by Heretic
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Heretic said:

I’m not too sure what you were expecting…. near £5m on a Thursday, and the first ‘proper’ big film after the pandemic is pretty impressive in my book.

I hoped 7.5M+. There were 12k shows on THU inc midnights and increased tix. Should have cleared 700k admits i.e 58 per show average.

Spectre and Endgame had close to 100 per show average.

Edited by charlie Jatinder

2 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I was expecting 7.5M+. There were 12k shows on THU inc midnights and increased tix. Should have cleared 700k admits i.e 58 per show average.

Had this been released pre-covid, it probably would have been closer to that figure. I guess we will never know

29 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Had this been released pre-covid, it probably would have been closer to that figure. I guess we will never know

That's the biggest takeaway here. Plus, all spectre opening day shows were after 7pm, while Endgame has the massive YOUNG motivated demo. Bond hitting £5m on a normal Thursday is insanely good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SchumacherFTW said:

That's the biggest takeaway here. Plus, all spectre opening day shows were after 7pm, while Endgame has the massive YOUNG motivated demo. Bond hitting £5m on a normal Thursday is insanely good

Were there any holidays during Spectre previews? 

Because TUE-THU it did over 17M in 3 days, averaging over 5.5M a day.

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I hoped 7.5M+. There were 12k shows on THU inc midnights and increased tix. Should have cleared 700k admits i.e 58 per show average.

I don’t think we should be comparing this to Spectre and Endgame: no pandemic. 

The whole of Scotland still has social distancing, for example. It’s a great opening. For some context during the pandemic, it’ll outgross every single 2021 film’s total, in its opening weekend. 

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I don’t think we should be comparing this to Spectre and Endgame: no pandemic. 

The whole of Scotland still has social distancing, for example. It’s a great opening. For some context during the pandemic, it’ll outgross every single 2021 film’s total, in its opening weekend. 

This don't really matter. There has been only three films that would have done GBP20M, one of them was hurt by piracy. 

Scotland only makes 7% of UK box office. 4.8M opening is still good, just that I am not easily impressed.