Steven

No Time to Die OS

3 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Seems very low for the Netherlands, it was at 4.625m euro by wednesday. Meaning only a bit over 2.72m euro on the weekend. This would be a 23% drop, a drop worse than any mid / big sized movie has had over the last few months. My guess would be +0.5m on actuals for a drop closer to 10%

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, pepsa said:

Seems very low for the Netherlands, it was at 4.625m euro by wednesday. Meaning only a bit over 2.72m euro on the weekend. This would be a 23% drop, a drop worse than any mid / big sized movie has had over the last few months. My guess would be +0.5m on actuals for a drop closer to 10%

It’s still a staggering number for the Netherlands. Full on pre-pandemic sized juggernaut. Will very likely make around $20 million.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Can it pass F9 WW?

With this slightly disappointing opening domestically I think will need to depend on China.

Reception there and competition is key, if Venom 2 is announced for 1st weekend of Nov then good luck to 007.

Edited by TigerPaw

41 minutes ago, TigerPaw said:

With this slightly disappointing open domestically I think will need to depend on China.

Reception there and competition is key, if Venom 2 is announced for 1st weekend of Nov then good luck to 007.

How much could we expect from China? I'm looking at other Craig era numbers and they are unimpressive af. 

Edited by Valonqar

2 hours ago, PatrickvD said:

It’s still a staggering number for the Netherlands. Full on pre-pandemic sized juggernaut. Will very likely make around $20 million.

But it's not correct, that drop is unnatural in the Netherlands, Actuals will come in higher, there is just no way this holds.

That said yeah the total is pretty good, but after a stronger OW, better weekdays having a much lower second weekend to spectre would be strange.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Valonqar said:

How much could we expect from China? I'm looking at other Craig era numbers and they are unimpressive af. 

I think at least 500m yuan / USD75m should be achievable IMO. Spectre almost hit 550m yuan with average WoM.

Box office in China is really dependent on 2 key factors IMO - 1) word of mouth (relative to peers released in the same time period) and 2) showtimes / screenings.  So Dune’s own performance / piracy will almost help determine NTTD’s box office. Of course the key is also whether Venom opens the week after.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 5:51 PM, pepsa said:

€2.61M on second weekend.

Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 1