Eric Atreides

***PLEASE READ***Why the Fanboy Wars Thread is Locked: New Rules are being TESTED ***PLEASE READ***

Franchise war thread is very good in my opinion. 

Suppose if I want to say, 'Captain Marvel is better than Wonder Woman' 

I am not allowed to say this in any other thread. 

I found fanboy wars thread ok. Not much toxicity as you all are claiming. 

I can't be PC everytime. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1

13 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Even a thread that disallow the fan wars like this is already generating a war.   

So people are feeling insulted and offended by this tame debate?

This is getting ridiculous. 

I haven't seen any insults, just disagreements. Are we going to ban disagreements now?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Madhuvan said:

I can't be PC everytime. 

Yep. The rules already basically mean you have to tiptoe around too open criticism in all the other threads anyways, and now without the one thread you could do actually do that in, any harsh critiques or dislike of something is basically at any given mods whim.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
42 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I haven't seen any insults, just disagreements. Are we going to ban disagreements now?

I don't think anyone's getting offended. I actually think it's super good that we're having this discussion out in the open. I'm not a mod, but I assume they do want to be able to understand the opinions of different members on this Forum

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Madhuvan said:

I can't be PC everytime. 

instead you can try "I liked Captain Marvel more than Wonder Woman" in any other thread. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, narniadis said:

Case in point of the behavior my post noted.... 😂 I dont read that dadgum thread as its a waste of my time. My point that you so conveniently avoided was that the users there cant figure out how to keep that behavior there where it belongs. If they would have behaved this wouldnt even be a point of conversation. 🤷‍♂️

You are a perfect example yourself actually. I simply told you to stick to something you can handle and now I’m being accused of having “behaviour”. I can imagine you in a real war asking both sides to have a polite exchange of bullets and complaining when firing begins. Well it worked, you got mods to ban the Fanboy Wars thread for daring to be what it said on the tin which was apparently too much for people. 

Edited by VENOM
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1
5 hours ago, grey ghost said:

They have effectively banned disagreements by banning the one place you couldn’t be accused of offending anyone or get called a troll for not liking a movie they liked. Now it’s just a place full of complainers and yes men.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

George Orwell predicted this.

1+1=3

If you repeat it long enough, it becomes the truth.

Different opinion = toxicity, trolling

Repeat after me.

Repeat after me.

Freedom of speech they said ...

Ahh the memories ...

I've never been to these places called reddit & 4 chan

but

my gut feeling it is the place described by democrats & liberals where

republicans and Trump voters dwell an discuss about things.

So basicaly the homebase of toxic trolls it is ok to insult and make fun of.

Amirite, free thinkers ?

Mel Gibson died for Freedom in a famous films.

Voltaire was ready to die to allow someone to say someting he disagrees with.

Would you ?

Nah.

Cancel and threadban is the best solution obviously.

Who would be against tolerance ?

Not even Miss America herself.

And yet ... here we are.

The self proclaimed tolerant and open minded people are the new fascists that can't stand other views and opinions and will do anything to shut your mouth.

That is a Churchill prediction this one.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 3
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1
1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

George Orwell predicted this.

1+1=3

If you repeat it long enough, it becomes the truth.

Repeat after me.

Repeat after me.

Freedom of speech they said ...

Ahh the memories ...

I've never been to these places called reddit & 4 chan

but

my gut feeling it is the place described by democrats & liberals where

republicans and Trump voters dwell an discuss about things.

So basicaly the homebase of toxic trolls it is ok to insult and make fun of.

Amirite, free thinkers ?

Meg Gibson died for Freedom.

Voltaire was ready to die to allow someone to say someting they disagree with.

Would you ?

Nah.

Cancel and thredban is the best solution obviously.

Who would be against tolerance ?

Not even Miss America herself.

And yet ... here we are.

The self proclaimed tolerant and open minded people are the new fascists that can't stand other views and opinions and will do anything to shut your mouth.

That is a Churchill prediction this one.

Wow. 😮👌👌

I think there’s room for maybe an in between thread.  In that it’s for general franchise discussion and comparisons, but stricter rules than the franchise wars thread.

I think you can give the fanboys room to say why they like their fanboy stuff more than others, or what not, but do so in a non-toxic manner.

• Like 3

I'm really happy with this but I think there needs to be a comicbook movies thread or something because otherwise the forum will explode. There are clearly a lot of people who talk about comicbook movies on here (myself included) and I think a less toxic, more stricter comicbook/superhero movie thread would be let people talk about that.

• Like 1

I think it’s a smart move. The fanboy wars thread was supposed to be a thread to let people argue about their favorite franchises. However, it became a place for personal attacks. I got caught up in retaliating at times when I was insulted, and the mods did what they felt they had to do because they felt I stepped out of line when retaliating,  and I completely understand that and hold no ill will. However, the environment that the fanboy wars thread encouraged is what led to those situations.

I really don’t post here much anymore as a result. This website used to be about arguing about movies and talking box office. But it has become a place that is about personal insults and picking fights. I think it’s a good idea to bring this board back to what it was. 

My one suggestion would be to get rid of the “not cool” emoji because it has become a tool to troll posters. If someone disagrees with a post, then let them respond. Being able to just vote down unpopular opinions doesn’t encourage productive discussions.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 1
  • Knock It Off 7

1 hour ago, The Panda said:

I think there’s room for maybe an in between thread.  In that it’s for general franchise discussion and comparisons, but stricter rules than the franchise wars thread.

I think you can give the fanboys room to say why they like their fanboy stuff more than others, or what not, but do so in a non-toxic manner.

5 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'm really happy with this but I think there needs to be a comicbook movies thread or something because otherwise the forum will explode. There are clearly a lot of people who talk about comicbook movies on here (myself included) and I think a less toxic, more stricter comicbook/superhero movie thread would be let people talk about that.

Yup, this is correct. 

1 hour ago, The Panda said:

35 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I get what both of you are saying. I totally understand the idea of just making an all-new thread. But I don't really think that's a good idea. The reason why the Fanboy Wars thread was removed was to alleviate toxicity and fan wars. So just making a new thread just feels like another band-aid, no matter how many rules we put on there. If anything, it'll just add toxicity by having people try to bend the rules.

Especially since you are still allowed to compare franchises, just in appropriate threads. Do you want to talk about the state of Marvel? You can do so in the Black Widow, Shang-Chi, Doctor Strange 2, etc. threads. Star Wars? Rise of Skywalker, Mandalorian, the 2022 movie, etc. DC? The Batman, Birds of Prey, The Suicide Squad, Joker, etc.

Want to talk about a specific movie that came out a while ago? There's the RTM threads where you can discuss whatever movie you want to talk about uncensored.

And we also still have clubs available. Go to the top bar, click on "Clubs", and actually try and make some of them active. We have clubs up for just about every major franchise in the current industry available, where you can talk about the merits of each property and even compare it with other franchises.

I get the idea of having one singular place for people to discuss. But considering you are able to talk about franchises and studios in countless other threads, so long as you don't stray too far off topic to the point where there's multiple pages in the Doctor Strange 2 thread about Star Trek or whatever, that I don't think it's fully necessary at the moment.

• Like 2