Eric Atreides

92nd Academy Awards Discussion Thread | PARASITE WINS BITCHESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS #BONGHIVE

2 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

I've had a thought: it's pretty progressive of the Academy to give Best Supporting Actress to someone who played lawyer rather than a wife, a mother, or a tragic figure.

I noticed that during the clips for the category, it's honestly refreshing so I can't hate on this Dern win, even if I liked her better in Little Women last year. 

Two wins for Ford v Ferrari,  did we expect this?

• Like 1

Just now, BoxOfficeFangrl said:

I noticed that during the clips for the category, it's honestly refreshing so I can't hate on this Dern win, even if I liked her better in Little Women last year. 

Two wins for Ford v Ferrari,  did we expect this?

Sound was always a strong possibility.  Editing not really

2 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Oscars being split amongst all the movies. Probably be a long time before we see another ROTK type of sweep.

The Irishman is looking to be the only one that's looking to go home with nothing, making it the biggest Oscar loser since American Hustle (which also went 0/10).

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

why are people acting like FvF winning editing is an upset? i was predicting it. easily the showiest of the nominees.

cause it didn't win ACE. Poeple went with the Guild and were wrong. BAFTA got it right. Anyway, this is setback for Parasite and/or Jojo. 

Not interested in Oscars or anything. Neither of Best Picture nominee felt really really good. Also my two top Holly films aren't nominated so it doesn't matter. Parasite was their but I don't think it should be nominated in first place.

Just keep it to Hollywood. Why including one selected film out of atleast 20 movies that were made across the world better than other Best Picture nominees from Hollywood.

That said, want 1917 to win so that can see how Oscar best picture win boost its BO in USA and India.