charlie Jatinder

Weekdays Thread (02/10 - 02/13) Parasite Takeover. Tuesday P3.

12 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I expect Parasite to do $1.65mn on Friday if its expanding to 2200 screens, which will be its highest day on 127th day of release.

Weekend I expect $6.25mn Approx 4 days weekend for $43.6mn cume. 

I think $55mn is possible if it hold Oscar buzz. May be $60mn.

While not as impressive per say, Titanic had it's highest grossing day on day 58.  It was Valentine's Day and it was the first day it broke 13 million.  

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, baumer said:

While not as impressive per say, Titanic had it's highest grossing day on day 58.  It was Valentine's Day and it was the first day it broke 13 million.  

Yeah that's what I had in mind and exactly why I mentioned that. Parasite will mostly be bigger on Saturday but officially they will include Thursday previews of extra 1200 theatres on 13th to Friday so that may give edge.

Titanic is obviously way more impressive as it started wide from start itself while Parasite is on expansion route.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, cJS said:

I expect Parasite to do $1.65mn on Friday if its expanding to 2200 screens, which will be its highest day on 127th day of release.

Still curious where The Rise of Skywalker will end up, given the estimates of last weekend ~

• Astonished 1

6 hours ago, baumer said:

Titanic started out as a wide release though, and its numbers were much much bigger overall. It's obviously impressive for Parasite, but it's not a direct comparison imo

edit: took the time to scroll and realized Charlie already brought that up :lol: 

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 4

Birds of Prey                 3.39
Bad Boys for Life                 1.26
1917                 1.20
Parasite                 0.68
Dolittle                 0.58
The Gentlemen                 0.58
Jumanji: The Next Level                 0.50
Gretel & Hansel                 0.37
Little Women                 0.37
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker                 0.27
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 8
  • Astonished 2

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Happy with that BOP increase. 

Are we expecting bigger Thursday drops as people wait for Friday? 

Feb 13 was on a Thursday in 2014 and surprisingly enough, all the films in top 10, except for Robocop (opened on Wednesday though I think), increased. @Arendelle Legion Tuesday increases for the same week in 2014 seem muted too.  Edit: oh wait you already said that.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Feb 13 was on a Thursday in 2014 and surprisingly enough, all the films in top 10, except for Robocop (opened on Wednesday though I think), increased. @Arendelle Legion Tuesday increases for the same week in 2014 seem muted too.

But in 2014 Tuesdays were not big as they have been from last year. 

12 hours ago, cJS said:

I want over Life Is Beautiful (57M+) and the rest would be gravy. :stirthepot:

I also want 200M WW. It's at 165M WW, could it get 35 more? could Puerto Rico help? Could chocolate fudge? ;)

Edited by Valonqar

1 hour ago, cJS said:

Parasite Worldwide : $179mn 

Asia & Oceania : $102mn

South Korea: $73mn

Japan: $17mn 

Vietnam: $2.9mn

Australia: $2.1mn

Hong Kong: $2mn

Russia: $1.6mn

India: $0.3mn

Others: $3mn

Europe : $32mn

France: $12.5mn

Germany: $4mn

Spain: $3.5mn

Italy: $2.9mn

UK: $2.7mn 

Netherlands: $2.3mn

Others: $4mn

Latin America : $8mn

Mexico: $5mn

Brazil: $1.7mn

Argentina: $0.9mn

Others: $0.4mn

North America : $37mn

USA: $33mn

Canada: $4mn 

Shall go for $240mn full run. May even hit $250mn. If China was running, would have had chance at $350mn.

Edited by cJS
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • ...wtf 1

In the past 10 years, only The king speech, The artist , green book did more than 10m post-Oscar best picture win,  

in the last decade however, 6 of the Oscar winner did more than 10m with Chicago, USD1m Baby, and Slumdog Millionaire posted 30m or even 40m post-Oscar, although Chicago and USD1m baby are late-December release. 

before people shout out loud OSCAR is no longer irrelevant, it just further prove that how moviegoing experience have changed. People just don't think non-action/non-VFX driven are big screen-worthy. 

Art theaters are struggling since people increasingly agree that watching drama-like film at home make no difference from theater.    

• Thanks 1