Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread (14 Feb - 17 Feb) - Sonic 58M/70M

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

According to Mendelsohn (he's given correct estimates before), it's at 120 mil WW right now. Should cross 150 mil by the weekend. I doubt it's missing 200 mil. Still probably a money loser but won't lose tens of millions like people here expect.

Mendelson estimates by keeping the same DOM/OS ratio and applying to the current DOM, which is not accurate at all. OS was already falling more during weekdays than DOM. Moreover, Feb. 14 was not Valentine's Day in some countries.

Edited by TheUndertaker
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

2020 is off to a fantastic start at Box Office, we may be getting 4 movies crossing $200m in the first 3 months of the year.

Not bad for a year that was supposedly to see the death of Cinema as we know. 

the overreactions are strong, i am not suprised , i mean even if dom hits 9 billion this year, next year it will hit 10-11 again, so i dont understand the worrys that people have

Edited by john2000

1 hour ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Um, I dont know what world you're living in but normally a tentpole's TV and streaming chances are damaged if the film doesnt make $100M+ domestically. BoP's break even is $235M including possible international tv deals, and it's not making that much.

I have been tracking BO for 30 years and know how things work. If you`re trying to convince me that BoP does`ent make money somewhere down the line you`re nuts

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

58 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Very true.   

Likely going to lose money even after TV and streaming,

3*PB wont loose money. Espicially when DOM is higher than PB

28 minutes ago, TheUndertaker said:

Mendelson estimates by keeping the same DOM/OS ratio and applying to the current DOM, which is not accurate at all. OS was already falling more during weekdays than DOM. Moreover, Feb. 14 was not Valentine's Day in some countries.

Being under the domestic drops during the week is normal? You should learn a little more about following the box office. Its normal for films to be less than stellar OS as Saturday and Sunday are the primary days for box office there. thats not new. 

Mendelson is a hack though, you are completely right about his poor viewpoints. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Budget will probably be more than that. 

Lots of Vfx and big cgi action sequences in the movie. 

The budget will be closer to first movie. 

Doubt it on the CGI

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2484978/the-suicide-squad-has-more-practical-effects-than-all-of-james-gunns-movies-combined

10 minutes ago, stealthyfrog said:

The family audience was starving for a new family movie after Frozen 2 (a good one: sorry, Dolittle), and Paramount delivered a decent crowd-pleaser in Sonic.

What about the 300M+ hit currently making over 6M in its 10th weekend 😛 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

3*PB won’t happen

wont be that far from 3*PB IMO. Even if it falls a bit short im pretty sure that it will make money

Still disapointed overall with its performance though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheUndertaker said:

His number is from WB:

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1