Eric Duncan

Weekend Thread (14 Feb - 17 Feb) - Sonic 58M/70M

1 hour ago, aladdino said:

A bop sequel is dead right?

In itself I think yes.But they could be used as supporting characters in a future Batgirl movie or their movie will be an HBO Max exclusive.

But If by sequel you mean Gotham City Sirens then I think this still has potential and may happen. Poison Ivy and Catwoman are royalty and very popular across the world.

20 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Looks to me like Birds of Prey is going to leg it out to the break even point.  All that "flop" talk was premature. 

Lmao. It’s flopping overseas. It was helped a bit with Valentines’s Day/President’s Day this weekend but after that it will start losing screens and drop harder. It’s a flop 

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, John Marston said:

Lmao. It’s flopping overseas. It was helped a bit with Valentines’s Day/President’s Day this weekend but after that it will start losing screens and drop harder. It’s a flop 

It's going to pass 130 mil OS and could pass 100 mil DOM. Could still be a flop but it's better than Tomb Raider's OS-China with a lower budget, which did well enough to get a sequel (not saying that this movie will too but that it could be seen as the break even point).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John Marston said:

A flop is a movie that loses money,  even a lot of money. This will not lose money. Sorry to inform you. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

A flop is a movie that loses money,  even a lot of money. This will not lose money. Sorry to inform you. 

a flop is also something that people expected to do 500m months ago and will barely pass 220m

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

10 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

ThFSS equivalent for FFH was only 140 or so imo. Doubtful SM3 can 200 even with the cliffhanger. 

I don't think it will hit 200. I think it has a better chance than DS2 or Thor 4 though. I doubt any MCU will hit 200 until BP2.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, aladdino said:

a flop is also something that people expected to do 500m months ago and will barely pass 220m

Anyone who expected that wasn't paying attention.  That's not a flop,  that's people having an idea in their brain that didn't come to fruition.  

Sorry. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

15 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

ThFSS equivalent for FFH was only 140 or so imo. Doubtful SM3 can 200 even with the cliffhanger. 

To be honest DOM wise I think SM3 is decreasing from FFH, cliffhanger or not.

36 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

In itself I think yes.But they could be used as supporting characters in a future Batgirl movie or their movie will be an HBO Max exclusive.

But If by sequel you mean Gotham City Sirens then I think this still has potential and may happen. Poison Ivy and Catwoman are royalty and very popular across the world.

WB would be foolish to pursue anymore Harley movies

Superman is far more popular and iconic and his ass got benched after JL. She's done

• Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

Anyone who expected that wasn't paying attention.  That's not a flop,  that's people having an idea in their brain that didn't come to fruition.  

Sorry. 

In the bop thread I was thinking it could do jw3 (325m ww)numbers but I was obviously wrong about that even. 

With respects to future movies with those characters I think it would be best to do a BOP vs GCS movie and make it a bigger movie, especially if they can use the same Catwoman from the Batman movie. I have no idea what their plan is though. 

2 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

WB would be foolish to pursue anymore Harley movies

Superman is far more popular and iconic and his ass got benched after JL. She's done

Margot Robbie's a big, in-demand star though - and there's a good chance that Twoicide Squad is a hit. Cavill didn't have two Oscar nominations by the time BvS opened