Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread (14 Feb - 17 Feb) - Sonic 58M/70M

1 hour ago, The Panda said:

Discounting the 2022 films Panther 2 and Guardians 2, shouldn’t even Thor 4 be expected to do better than Strange 2?

That’s a ridiculous floor to set for something, especially since there’s no way that floor is what Disney would bar a disappointment.  I’m sure any increase from the first one, or even staying relatively flat, would be good enough to keep the Strange franchise rolling

I see Strange as being Marvels MVP going forward.

Video game adaptations, handled correctly, could be the next big Hollywood breakthrough. Not just these fun CGI-hybrids. And I'm not talking about the inevitable generic action film with a Call of Duty logo slapped on top.

There's a wealth of great stories that would make successful films if translated with care. The Last of Us. Red Dead Redemption. Bioshock. Great genre stories with built in audiences (hey, like comic books!). Yes, a Bioshock film existed in development hell for a while with Gore Verbinski (sigh). I do believe Last of Us is being developed. If Rockstar wanted to develop Red Dead (or even GTA, but that's more difficult) in house (they have the funds to do it), they could ensure quality.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

Another huge win for foreign language film from Neon. This actually translate to 22.5k PTA.

this is another my top film of the year, it may not be as crowd-pleasing like parasite, but definitely a masterpiece   

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

How the hell did they pull this off...

harrypotter_accounting.jpg

Distributor fee BS of $210mn. Also $315mn budget when reported budget was $150mn. Say another $75mn participations, still, $315mn is stretch.

https://deadline.com/2010/07/studio-shame-even-harry-potter-pic-loses-money-because-of-warner-bros-phony-baloney-accounting-51886/

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3