Eric Atreides

Weekend Thread (14 Feb - 17 Feb) - Sonic 58M/70M

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

$5.6m Friday is great for Fantasy Island, phew. 

Horror needed an opener in the double digits lol. 

You are forgetting that FI only cost 7 Million to make. Blumhouse will end up getting a decent return on their investment.

• ...wtf 1

13 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

No I wasn’t being sarcastic. It’s actually good. 

I think people don't get that BLumhouse whole strategy is totally different then the major studios. Make a big number of  very cheap horror films, knowing horror fans are very loyal to the genre, and a certain number will generally turn out for just about any horror film no matter how bad it looks,and if you keep the budget under in the five to  ten million dollar range, you stand a very good chance of at least making your budget back,and a good chance of getting a decent return on your investment. Maybe not all the much for each film, but it adds up. And if once a year you have a film that breaks out, like Truth or Dare, you will have a very good year. They are not into big blockbusters.

I am not a big fan of the quality of their films....they seem to release there crappy film for every good one.....but you can't deny their business model has worked for them. They know their core audience.

Edited by dudalb

People looooooove Batman but I am not sure what they love about it.

Was Bruce Wayne ever cool ?

The guy is often portrayed as a brooding/sad/crazy character (minor the Schumacher films maybe) you wouldn't want to be friends with.

So I dunno what to think about Battinson.

My take is whoever is getting cast as Wayne don't matter as much as people think but I may be wrong.

But I maintain that the most popular DC character is Joker.

By faaaaaaar.

I used to say this before The Joker and the biggest Batman films are from 1989 and 2008.

Guess what/who they have in common.

In any case, The Batman will chase The Joker and Todd Phillips genius.

In vain.

Edited by The Futurist

Bro your film has already had about 20 different director changes. And Detective Pikachu lifted the curse of video game films. Seems the only goal Uncharted has in mind is not to get made.

Also his quote...

think what Uncharted offers that most video games films don't is that it's an origin story to the games,” Holland told IGN. 

Tom check your source material again.

BCUS98233.jpg

Edited by Cappoedameron
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

People looooooove Batman but I am not sure what they love about it.

Was Bruce Wayne ever cool ?

The guy is often portrayed as a brooding/sad/crazy character (minor the Schumacher films maybe) you wouldn't want to be friends with.

So I dunno what to think about Battinson.

My take is whoever is getting cast as Wayne don't matter as much as people think but I may be wrong.

But I maintain that the most popular DC character is Joker.

By faaaaaaar.

I used to say this before The Joker and the biggest Batman films are from 1989 and 2008.

Guess that they have in common.

Batman appeals to people for a number of reasons... Not unlike Bond.

But, I agree. Look no further than the overwhelming success Batman '89, Dark Knight, Suicide Squad and Joker. He's the villain in cinema outside of maybe Darth Vader. Maybe...