Grade it  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

It's unfortunate this didn't get more traction in 2019.  They could have released it and put it in for awards consideration.  It's the true story an airmen named Pitsenbarger, who saved about 70 soldiers that he didn't even know.  He came down from his chopper to help get men to safety during an ambush in the Vietnam War.  For 30 years the men he saved were trying to get him a posthumous Medal of Honor, but they kept failing.  Sebastien Stan plays the government patsy assigned to it once again, in the assumption that he will just do enough to have the story swept under the rug again.  Butg the further he digs, the there is to the story and finally he goes public with the story.  

Samuel L. Jackson has never been better.  The movie is filled with a strong cast that includes William Hurt, Diane Lane, Ed Harris, Christopher Plummer, Peter Fonda and others.  But none of them are as strong as Jackson is.  Every scene he was in left me in awe.  I'd never seen him in this kind of role.  By the end of it, I was in uncontrollable tears.  It's a film about putting others before yourself.  It's about doing the right thing when everyone and everything is telling you not to.  It's about honouring those who gave their lives so that others can live.  I hope you guys can find this and see it.  It's a remarkable achievement.

9.5/10