sfran43

Weekend Thread: Call of the Wild 8M Friday

7 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

In 3rd, Birds of Prey from WB drew an estimated $3M today, +58% over Friday for a 3rd weekend of $6.8M (-60%) and running total by tomorrow of $72.3M.

that's good bye 90 dom? needs 2.6x this weekend more.

2 minutes ago, a2k said:

It's run is truly so disappointing. To finish near what Venom opened with.... god. I'm happy that the budget wasn't at Suicide Squad level but man. Glad at least Harley is in TSS. 

3 minutes ago, a2k said:

If those numbers hold normally yes.

JW2 third weekend was $9.358m for a sunday total of $74.77M (more than $2M more than BOP) and ended with $91.97.

Wick added 1.84 it's third weekend, if BOP do the same it would finish around $85M

1 hour ago, keysersoze123 said:

Based on MTC data Sonic ~12m and Call of the Wild ~ 10.8. 

Neither movies are that interesting so I will take a break. Will look at Invisible man next week and hope Onward picks up and Mulan/Bond also have interesting PS runs. 

the blue critter is back on top for the weekend according to tonight’s estimates, looking at a $26.7M 3-day after a Saturday of $12M, +88% over Friday.

Sonic‘s Saturday was higher than the feature adaptation of the Jack London novel which is estimated to have made $9.9M today,

Nice

Call of the wild did way worse than What I projected. MTC could have over indexed a bit. Sonic was on the dot. Anyway Sonic did not have good enough 2nd weekend to make a play for 200m with onward opening in 2 weeks. Call of the wild did better than expectations before release but unlikely to come close to 100m. Birds of Prey has had a mediocre run after a mediocre OW. 

I hope Box office picks up in March, but I am concerned about impact due to COVID-19. Let us hope things dont get out of control. 

• Like 8

After 3 weekends Shazam's multi was 2.19x while the final multi was 2.56x (ignoring pre-previews from ow and total).

After 3 weekend BoP's multi is 2.19x while the final should be around 2.65x (~87.5 dom)

BoP legs disappoint me as much as the ow. Haven't seen the movie but largely received a positive impression of it. Those would be pretty much the same legs as Venom with vastly smaller total. Better legs than Shazam but that had massive competition and a bigger total too.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Eh, whatever. I think it'll find an audience after it's run. Won't get a sequel but this works as a standalone film so it's fine. I feel like we'll get a bigger underperformance than this movie next month too.

?

Lol The Boy 2 was officially the first shitty movie I saw in 2020. But it was filmed in Victoria (the first one too) and after the movie me and my friends on our way home stopped off at the castle where ""Brahms" lived and that was pretty cool!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Lol The Boy 2 was officially the first shitty movie I saw in 2020. But it was filmed in Victoria (the first one too) and after the movie me and my friends on our way home stopped off at the castle where ""Brahms" lived and that was pretty cool!

More shitty than Dolittle? I doubt I'll see anything worse than that for the rest of the year.