sfran43

Weekend Thread: Call of the Wild 8M Friday

Deadline updated

Warner Bros. Birds of Prey in weekend 3 is seeing a third Friday of $2M, and weekend of $7.6M in 3rd -56% for a running total of $73.1M.

Sony’s ever resilient Bad Boys for Life in weekend 6 is seeing a $1.5M Friday, and 3-day of $5.4M in 4th place, -53% for a running total on Sunday of $190.7M.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Eric the Hedgehog said:

Wording's kind of weird there. Is like Variety going to say Call of the Wild takes it, and Deadline wants to sound smart?

I doubt it will be close as Sonic will have much bigger Sat increase. So for Call of the Wild to take it, OD needs to hit 8m+ and Sonic to be on par or below estimates. I dont see that happening for now. Let us see how things go. 

• Like 1

Also from Deadline

Focus Features at five NY and LA locations has the period remake of Jane Austen’s Emma starring Anya Taylor-Joy which is seeing $85K today, and $215K for the weekend for a $43K theater average.  The Autumn de Wilde directed movie is 87% certified fresh.

Seems decent enough. Hail Queen Anya!

17 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Is it really worse than toxic fanboy wars?

Neither is good. The truly good threads are the breakouts.

Yeah I think the Sonic and BOP weekends are more fun than tumbleweed weekends.

Breakout weekends are usually franchise films.

• ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

At least Call of the Wild is opening better than Dolittle. I am surprised despite seeing OD PS trending good. Its PS numbers were below dolittle but probably did better with older crowd because of ford. 

Did you see anything unusual about it’s showtimes split? I wonder if Wild had more matinee showings than usual playing to the Ford audience

Yeah, The Boy 2 CinemaScore won't be pretty.

"It’s another miss on PostTrak for a horror film after The Turning and The Grudge as Brahms gets stabbed with a 1/2 star from audiences and a 24% definite recommend (Fantasy Island got away with 2 stars last weekend"

3 minutes ago, The Fast and the Furiosa said:

Did you see anything unusual about it’s showtimes split? I wonder if Wild had more matinee showings than usual playing to the Ford audience

Nope. Both of them have similar amount of shows(very tiny edge to dolittle). Split across matinees are also similar. 

Yeah yeah budget and all that but man that's GREAT for something like Raiders of the Lost Bark, a kid's movie for old people based on a 120 year old adventure book. Anything above 20 would be spectacular, I was expecting like 14. Shoutout to my middlenamesake Harrison. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Yeah, The Boy 2 CinemaScore won't be pretty.

"It’s another miss on PostTrak for a horror film after The Turning and The Grudge as Brahms gets stabbed with a 1/2 star from audiences and a 24% definite recommend (Fantasy Island got away with 2 stars last weekend"

That's actually great news for Invisible Man, everything is shaping up to a explosion. I'm really confident that it can be the A Quiet Place of 2020. 

• Disbelief 1

28 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

That's actually great news for Invisible Man, everything is shaping up to a explosion. I'm really confident that it can be the A Quiet Place of 2020. 

Let's not count our chickens before they are hatched....

2 hours ago, Eric the Hedgehog said:

Seems decent enough. Hail Queen Anya!

It's seriously good.  Fantastic acting, photogrqphy and direction. I really recommend this to anyone who can get to see it.

Meanwhile, having just seen Call of the Wild, I'm rooting for it in its bizarre lost cause. Despite CGI dog there is a lot of heart and effort in that movie. I found it considerably superior to Sonic, and a good family yarn. Lots of atmosphere and lots of care. Closer it can get to 30 the better, and would love it to cause a little mini upset.

• Like 1