sfran43

Weekend Thread: Call of the Wild 8M Friday

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

What a triumph for Sonic, the age of video game movies has truly begun.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I guess dog movies are still box office gold after all (even though none of last year's handful of dog movies really went anywhere). What are the chances Disney is wishing they had sent Togo to theaters instead of streaming right about now?

Greenlight this *immediately*

duck-hunt-game.jpg

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm shocked that Call of the Wild cost so much, you wonder if it'd been cheaper just to use a real dog. 

Right?! I'm sure of they'd use a real dog and green screen, that would've dropped the budget significantly lower!

Gotta love when the unexpected happens, even if Wild calms down a tad from Charlies 8.5-9m its playing way different then expectations had before today. 

Same with Sonic to a point. I would be in the camp with a2k that thinks it hits 100% or so for Saturday, but we undershot Fridays expectations so now I dont know what to think 😂🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

People will want to see Call of the Wild... It appeals to the type of audiences that don't go to movies very much, and kids/families and seniors seeing it for Harrison Ford won't be as nitpicky about the CGI dog. There's an off-chance for a $30M weekend.

Edited by SLAM!
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm shocked that Call of the Wild cost so much, you wonder if it'd been cheaper just to use a real dog. 

Probably thought it was just easier to use a CGI dog than a real one given the stunts involved even if it made the budget higher. Last thing anyone wants, especially for a movie like this, is another scandal like the one when A Dog's Purpose came out a few years ago (even if that ended up proving to be nothing and the movie did well anyway).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

If they had kept Call of the Wild’s original Christmas release date it likely would have past 100m

And we would have gotten the much touted Cats vs Dogs matchup. What a waste.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, John Marston said:

If they had kept Call of the Wild’s original Christmas release date it likely would have past 100m

Disney: "No, we won't to compete with ourselves, this film isn't going anywhere near Star Wars, Merry Christmas, Bah Humbug, Yada Yada."

Edited by SLAM!