Eric Duncan

PAW Patrol | Paramount | August 20, 2021 | Not Canceled

Are you sure? This movie is tracking to open in the mid-single-digits. I'm normally wary about assigning budgets to movies that don't have them, but if it's like other low-tier CGI movies, it could be somewhere around $25 to 30 million. Even with a budget like that, a $7 million opening weekend is weak to say the least. 

LOL...when I saw the thread title "Paw Patrol: Not Cancelled" I thought somehow the movie got tangled with the woke police. I feel like the movie is 5 years past the Franchise's apex years though. 

Edited by lilmac
  • Knock It Off 1

It seems poised to make about $20 million in its opening weekend worldwide, which is better than I would have imagined. But like a lot of movies this year, it might end up being heavily front-loaded, especially since it's also out on Paramount+ already. I predict a worldwide total of around $45 million, give or take. 

The question is, will that be enough to cover its budget? The production values definitely look higher on this movie than they are on the TV show, but then again some very good-looking computer animated movies have had surprisingly low budgets. And in any case, as a Paramount+ same-day release, it won't necessarily need to earn back its budget in theaters to be a success for the studio. Space Jam: A New Legacy did that, after all.