TMP

Creed III | March 3, 2023 | MBJ will direct

Over 100 reviews and still over 90% on RT. So it's looking like Rocky, Creed and Creed 3 as the top 3 of this new and old franchise. Sly should be very proud of the respect Coogler and WB are treating his characters. Though Adonis Creed was not his character.

• Like 1

Don’t think I’ll have time for a rewatch of the first 2 before seeing this (life just way too busy this month). Anyone know exactly how much you need to know going in? I’ve seen both movies but not since theatres. Or is there a good recap video that anyone could recommend?

33 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Don’t think I’ll have time for a rewatch of the first 2 before seeing this (life just way too busy this month). Anyone know exactly how much you need to know going in? I’ve seen both movies but not since theatres. Or is there a good recap video that anyone could recommend?

As long as you remember the first two opponents Creed fault in Creed 1 and 2 then you should be fine.  Creed family play a big part in this so also remember the family issues in regards to his daughter in Creed 2. Other than that it pretty much stands on its own.

• Thanks 1

I begrudgingly saw this movie today and I agree with what one of the other posters said regarding his friend's opinion of the movie. I did enjoy it, the second half more than the first but overall it was a entertaining movie and a good movie. However not having Rocky in this film was incredibly noticeable in certain spots when he should have been there. And it did bring the film down. Thankfully it was only maybe two or three times that I felt Rocky's presence would have made the film better. 

I gave the first Creed and eight out of 10 the second Creed a six out of 10 and I would give this one a seven out of 10.

• Like 1

Surprisingly good. I was a bit cold on Creed II and the too much legacy stuff after loving the first one, but this is a great bounce back. And it kinda makes this sub-franchise it's own thing. MBJ has done just great both in front and behind the camera. I think despite whatever backstages shenanigans ensued, Sly must be proud for him.

enjoyed this but to be honest if i was to rank all the films in this universe it'd be second from the bottom only above Rocky V. it's literally my favorite franchise so still good and i loved Majors in it. thought that last fight was oversold though the fight at the end of Creed II was more hype and emotional.

Really enjoyed this. Also, I might need to re-watch Creed 2 because I might have seen a different movie than everybody else :lol: I think that one is my favourite out of the 3. Sure, it's the most melodramatic, but melodrama in a boxing movie... come on.

On 3/9/2023 at 10:15 PM, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Iron Man Eye Roll GIF

Didn't Hollywood try this shared universe thing back in 2014-2015? Barely any of that shit got made, and the one which did mostly bombed. Stop turning every fucking thing into a shared universe.

You're literally typing this under a "shared-universe" movie that broke the record for the biggest opening for a sports movie.

On 3/11/2023 at 8:37 AM, Sophie said:

You're literally typing this under a "shared-universe" movie that broke the record for the biggest opening for a sports movie.

if you consider the ticket price inflation,  you will see that Rocky 3 and 4 had a bigger opening and a lot bigger box office in USA or WW.

But the medias will say the contrary. Of course...

Edited by Laurent K
  • Knock It Off 1