sfran43

Weekend Thread: Actuals - Invisible Man 28.2, Sonic 16.26, Call of the Wild 13.36

PostTrak last night for the R-rated Invisible Man showed 4 stars with a 53% definite recommend. Guys over 25 dominated at 47% last night, with 28% females over 25, 13% females under 25 and 12% under 25. Biggest quad were the 25-34 folks at 39%, with a diversity read of 49% Caucasian, 22% Hispanic, 13% Asian and 12% African American.

Holy fuck! That's fantastic for a Horror movie. 

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

Boy2 as a sequel did 15.53x the previews over ow (5.823/0.375)

Should TIM miss 15x or 24.75 ow? I would doubt so.

Don't be surprised by high-20s ow or if even it makes a run for 30m+ (18.2x+ previews).

Edited by a2k
3 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

no 30M?  can we blame coronavirus yet :thinking:

Not yet:

Both 2017 titles overperformed their $20M-predicted tracking at the time, with Split posting a $40M start, and Get Out taking $33.3M. Invisible Man, directed and written by Leigh Whannell, is forecasted to be in the mid to high $20M range, a solid start for the $7M net production shot with Australian tax credits, however, like Split and Get Out, it’s expected to go higher potentially in the $30M+ zone. Exits and reviews indicate that’s possible with Invisible Man‘s Rotten Tomatoes score at 92% Certified Fresh being just under Get Out‘s 98% certified fresh, but much higher than Split‘s 77% certified fresh and Halloween‘s 79% certified fresh. The RT score is key because that’s the catalyst which will persuade non-genre diehards to buy tickets.

• Astonished 2
11 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

Not really. People on the Buzz topic always said that the pre-sales for previews were looking weak, but it was killing at the OD. 

its still overall under the predictions of the buzz topic

15 minutes ago, a2k said:

Boy2 as a sequel did 15.53x the previews over ow (5.823/0.375)

Should TIM miss 15x or 24.75 ow? I would doubt so.

Boy 2's previews were also about 20% of The Invisible Man. I think with the WoM, The Invisible Man can do 15x but I don't see it do 18.2x. Based on posttrak, WoM is along the lines of It Chapter 2 but without the fan bias which is pretty good, but not Get Out good so I'm going with a lower IM than that movie.

Edited by lorddemaxus
2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Boy 2's previews were also about 20% of The Invisible Man. I think with the WoM, The Invisible Man can do 15x but I don't see it do 18.2x. WoM is along the lines of It Chapter 2 but without the fan bias which is pretty good, but not Get Out good so I'm going with a lower IM than that movie.

Wom is better than It chapter 2. That movie was not even well liked. 

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

I'm using Posttrak score here.

You are right. It 2 started with 4 stars on Thursday but dipped to 3.5 over the weekend. 

Let's see what happens to Invisible Man.