sfran43

Weekend Thread: Actuals - Invisible Man 28.2, Sonic 16.26, Call of the Wild 13.36

Seems like The Invisible Man isn't the most scary 2020 horror film I've seen this year. Color out of Space is a worse film in almost every regard but the Carpenter's Apocalypse Trilogy type horror used in that film is extremely impactful. Some really horrifying imagery in the movie.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Seems like The Invisible Man isn't the most scary 2020 horror film I've seen this year. Color out of Space is a worse film in almost every regard but the Carpenter's Apocalypse Trilogy type horror used in that film is extremely impactful. Some really horrifying imagery in the movie.

My desire to see tht movie was completely sunk by the casting.

Hated Cage in Mandy (for the same reason I don't like pouring syrup over chocolate cake) and thought he looked/looks awful in this. Which is a shame as I'd be all in on a film like this usually. Will still try and hunt it down (not easy in UK)

Edited by Ipickthiswhiterose

15 minutes ago, Ipickthiswhiterose said:

My desire to see tht movie was completely sunk by the casting.

Hated Cage in Mandy (for the same reason I don't like pouring syrup over chocolate cake) and thought he looked/looks awful in this. Which is a shame as I'd be all in on a film like this usually. Will still try and hunt it down (not easy in UK)

Cage isn't very good in this but I thought it was more a feature than a drawback. His wacky performance fits well in this pretty wacky movie. Cage legit does a Trump impression a lot of times in the movie and its hilarious.

27 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Didn't like that movie on the whole but uhhhh a certain character(s)' fate really is properly nightmarish.

9 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Didn't like that movie on the whole but uhhhh a certain character(s)' fate really is properly nightmarish.

Yep, that was the most horrifying part for me. Also I can never look at alpacas the same way ever again. I agree the rest of the movie is not that good but I had fun watching it.

Edited by lorddemaxus

4 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

What a fantastic Sat jump!

I knew it could've follow GO's multiple.

What it's more impressive is that it's doing these numbers despite the Corona fear. 

Exactly! It has an obstacle that couldn't have been foreseen and yet it's overcoming it in a spectacular way. :bravo:

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

I said earlier that this would be my Alita of 2020 ( a movie that I really liked that didn't do well at the box office and came out in Feb). but I didn't think BoP would actually finish around the same as Alita :rock: which made 85.7M domestically.  

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1