sfran43

Weekend Thread: Actuals - Invisible Man 28.2, Sonic 16.26, Call of the Wild 13.36

Just now, RealLyre said:

isn't B+ the best thing most horror movies get? (besides stuff from James Wan)

Conjuring Universe is very Audience friendly. 

While they are good horror movies, they are also very simplistic. 

No wonder it is the most loved Horror franchise. 

1 minute ago, Madhuvan said:

Conjuring Universe is very Audience friendly. 

While they are good horror movies, they are also very simplistic. 

No wonder it is the most loved Horror franchise. 

the James Wan Conjuring movies are top tier in their genre. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Similar to Get Out there’s not really any comparisons to compare Invisible Man’s preview number and gross. Don’t Breathe maybe it’s best opening perhaps? So $25-$27 million OW? That’s a great start for a small budget horror film and really when you consider it as a horror remake that’s great! 

27 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Boy 2's previews were also about 20% of The Invisible Man. I think with the WoM, The Invisible Man can do 15x but I don't see it do 18.2x. Based on posttrak, WoM is along the lines of It Chapter 2 but without the fan bias which is pretty good, but not Get Out good so I'm going with a lower IM than that movie.

You just can't give up, can't you? You've been trying to bring this movie down for weeks.

Even a shit SEQUEL with bad WOM like INDISIOUS 4 got a 15.0x off previews.

And you want me to believe that TIM can't have a better multiple than it?

We will see. 

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

oh, wow, that's 500K above the budget. :bravo:

We need to remember it is an Horror movie, these movies always keep increasing on estimates during the weekend, look at Split, for example:

After previews came in:

is expected to have a mid-$20M three-day as the buzz surrounded the film has been growing among its core audience of young females and unaided awareness is very strong.

Friday night:

Split is heading high today — very high — in early matinees with industry observers now thinking the psychological thriller from M. Night Shyamalan and Blumhouse/Universal could is looking to push into the mid-$30Ms — as in $37.5M — right now. 

Saturday:

Split will see a No. 1 debut of anywhere between $35M and $39M+ (depending on its drop today), making it Shyamalan’s 4th best opening of all-time

Sunday:

Split, the psychological thriller from horrormeister Blumhouse and put into market by the well-oiled marketing and distribution team at Universal Pictures, was a monster in its debut, grabbing $40M for director M. Night Shyamalan

https://deadline.com/2017/01/split-xxx-return-of-xander-cage-the-founder-late-night-thursday-previews-box-office-1201889940/

I can see the same happening to TIM, WOM seems to be on par with Split. 

• Like 1

yeah, I expect OD increase too because horror is a) walk up driven so full number won't show in PS and b) people like to watch later at night so earlier estimates will be lower.

and then of course WOM over the weekend.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 1