Eric Atreides

Disney+ MCU: Loki | June 11 2021 | Richard E Grant's in this

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/loki-disney-series-reportedly-already-renewed-for-second-season/

According to Production Weekly , filming is scheduled to begin on the second season of “Loki” in January, 2022 and is going by the working title of Architect.   No official details on the second season have yet been announced by Marvel.

I thought these Marvel shows were supposed to be miniseries. If this is true of course

36 minutes ago, Eric Karga said:

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/loki-disney-series-reportedly-already-renewed-for-second-season/

I thought these Marvel shows were supposed to be miniseries. If this is true of course

Some are, some aren’t. Would not be surprised to see MS Marvel, She-Hulk, or Moon Knight get a S2. Or Hawkeye.    

Wandavision seems to be more about an event than a character, so that’s a miniseries. Falcon and Winter Solider ditto, though you could maybe see another season of D+ with a similar cast but different title?

The answer is... they will run and renew themselves as long as enough people are watching/subscribing to Disney+ for them.  This ain't Watchmen we're talking about, here...  

The integrity of death/life/resurrection of individuals and narrative universes in the MCU is already broken, anyway, so they're just going to go for it.

32 minutes ago, Macleod said:

The answer is... they will run and renew themselves as long as enough people are watching/subscribing to Disney+ for them.  This ain't Watchmen we're talking about, here...  

The integrity of death/life/resurrection of individuals and narrative universes in the MCU is already broken, anyway, so they're just going to go for it.

I think this is way off. These shows aren’t an end to themselves. Of course ultimately the point of the expenditure on them is to get Disney money (in large part by driving D+ subscriptions) the overall strategy is bigger than any one show — it’s to contribute to the MCU as a whole. And because Marvel has an almost infinitely deep character roster, they don’t have to cling to popular characters forever and can retire them when they feel it serves the overall narrative (e.g. Iron Man and Cap in Endgame).     

Some of these series may end up with a bunch of seasons if that’s what makes sense, but they won’t force more seasons of a show just because it was super popular if it doesn’t make sense for the grander plan. Same reason we never got Iron Man 4.

Edited by WandaLegion

This looks fucking amazing? Not that I didn't think it would but they really got me by surprise with how great this looks I gotta say. And in my ecstasy I only just saw this is coming out in May They're really making up for the 18 month drought, huh.

Loki is decisively pulling ahead of the other trailers on YT likes, should be able to pass the stranger things season 4 teaser (at 545k) and become the 3rd most like YT trailer for a TV shows (after GOT S8 and WV). Under normal circumstances I think it would have beat WV and perhaps challenged GOT.

4 hours ago, WandaLegion said:

Loki is decisively pulling ahead of the other trailers on YT likes, should be able to pass the stranger things season 4 teaser (at 545k) and become the 3rd most like YT trailer for a TV shows (after GOT S8 and WV). Under normal circumstances I think it would have beat WV and perhaps challenged GOT.

Told y'all. Loki will be biggest among all series.

• Like 1