Jump to content
Eric Atreides

Disney+ MCU: Loki | June 11 2021 | Richard E Grant's in this

Recommended Posts

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/loki-disney-series-reportedly-already-renewed-for-second-season/

 

Quote

According to Production Weekly , filming is scheduled to begin on the second season of “Loki” in January, 2022 and is going by the working title of Architect.   No official details on the second season have yet been announced by Marvel.

I thought these Marvel shows were supposed to be miniseries. If this is true of course

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Eric Karga said:

https://whatsondisneyplus.com/loki-disney-series-reportedly-already-renewed-for-second-season/

 

I thought these Marvel shows were supposed to be miniseries. If this is true of course

Some are, some aren’t. Would not be surprised to see MS Marvel, She-Hulk, or Moon Knight get a S2. Or Hawkeye.    
 

Wandavision seems to be more about an event than a character, so that’s a miniseries. Falcon and Winter Solider ditto, though you could maybe see another season of D+ with a similar cast but different title?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The answer is... they will run and renew themselves as long as enough people are watching/subscribing to Disney+ for them.  This ain't Watchmen we're talking about, here...  

 

The integrity of death/life/resurrection of individuals and narrative universes in the MCU is already broken, anyway, so they're just going to go for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Macleod said:

The answer is... they will run and renew themselves as long as enough people are watching/subscribing to Disney+ for them.  This ain't Watchmen we're talking about, here...  

 

The integrity of death/life/resurrection of individuals and narrative universes in the MCU is already broken, anyway, so they're just going to go for it.

I think this is way off. These shows aren’t an end to themselves. Of course ultimately the point of the expenditure on them is to get Disney money (in large part by driving D+ subscriptions) the overall strategy is bigger than any one show — it’s to contribute to the MCU as a whole. And because Marvel has an almost infinitely deep character roster, they don’t have to cling to popular characters forever and can retire them when they feel it serves the overall narrative (e.g. Iron Man and Cap in Endgame).     
 

Some of these series may end up with a bunch of seasons if that’s what makes sense, but they won’t force more seasons of a show just because it was super popular if it doesn’t make sense for the grander plan. Same reason we never got Iron Man 4.

Edited by WandaLegion
Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks fucking amazing? Not that I didn't think it would but they really got me by surprise with how great this looks I gotta say. And in my ecstasy I only just saw this is coming out in May They're really making up for the 18 month drought, huh.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Loki is decisively pulling ahead of the other trailers on YT likes, should be able to pass the stranger things season 4 teaser (at 545k) and become the 3rd most like YT trailer for a TV shows (after GOT S8 and WV). Under normal circumstances I think it would have beat WV and perhaps challenged GOT.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WandaLegion said:

Loki is decisively pulling ahead of the other trailers on YT likes, should be able to pass the stranger things season 4 teaser (at 545k) and become the 3rd most like YT trailer for a TV shows (after GOT S8 and WV). Under normal circumstances I think it would have beat WV and perhaps challenged GOT.

Told y'all. Loki will be biggest among all series.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.