The Wild Eric

Disney+ MCU: Loki | June 11 2021 | Richard E Grant's in this

Another fine ep, but didn’t fully measure up to the ending of last episode. As usual with these shows, I feel it’s setting up a little bit too much to rest on the finale, and the history there has not been great.   

I hope for a finale that let’s me rank this like 10/27 MCU. Expecting a finale that makes me rank it 27th/27.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I watched the episode and am excited for the finale:).  

If I'm in a "let me rank each episode" mood, this would not be #1, but it was another solid entrant into a very good season.  I do echo other folks that I wish they let this period breathe a bit more by lengthening season 1 by an episode or two (or 10-15 minutes/episode), but I also understand my kids like to keep things moving, moving, moving, and they did do enough for me, but I'd have loved to have had more...

Really fun episode. This series doesn't make much sense as of now but I really like how goofy it is, and surprising.

I don't know, it feels almost Bmovie-like to me and it's great! Love it for that.

I hope the finale will be good!

• Like 2

So I've been thinking about The Ending:

Spoiler

Who's In the Castle?

Basically there's two ways I would like this to play out.  One is more thematic for me, the other is probably what Reddit wants.

Option 1: Loki

The entire series is a narcissists' dream.  Loki's trapped in a world where his biggest enemy, and his new best friend, and his possibly love interest, are all.. himself.  On Slyvie and TVA Loki's path to self discovery (aka finding out he kind of likes himself!) I think it's kind of self evident that the FINAL BOSS is Evil Loki.

I thought we were going to get that with Classic Loki.  Since in the recent comics (specifically Young Avengers and Agents of Asgard) "Old/Classic Loki" was the villain in Loki's soul that would never die.  But that didn't do that. 

So the series is STILL missing the Fucking Ruthless Power Hungry Monstrous Bastard Loki.  And who better for our heroes to face on that that?  Because to Loki and Slyvie, he really is the BIGGEST Threat.

Option 2: Nathan Richards

You can't go anywhere on the internet without people screaming about how KANG IS COMING. And yes, I'm excited too!  But I feel like people are forgetting how Thanos was introduced.  He showed up as a tag at the end of Avengers, no dialogue, no name drop.  Just 4 seconds.  We didn't see him again for a couple years until GOTG 1.  And wasn't even probably introduced until years and years of build up.

So why would Kang just show up fully formed in Loki?

Doesn't sit well with me.

What WOULD be awesome is if Nathan Richards showed up.  Nathan is the teen version of Kang; who travelled into the past to stop himself from becoming The Evil Villain.

So who better to start the TVA than Nathan Richards.  His "Sacred Timeline" is the timeline where he **doesn't** fulfill his destiny of becoming Kang.  It's also the perfect set up for Young Avengers, cause we'll have Nathan Richards/Iron Lad and Kid Loki. :)

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, Cap said:

Reveal hidden contents

I wish I hadn't opened it.

Now I do feel the first option will be really likely way it play out but now since I read this, I feel spoiled.

Everyone else, I suggest you to not open/read Cap's comment.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Now I do feel the first option will be really likely way it play out but now since I read this, I feel spoiled.

I actually have been expecting #1 from the start when it was "who is behind the TVA":)...it's what I would have written, especially if I was told to not screw up the rest of the MCU too badly:)...so, it's not a spoiler per se, but more like old days "Lost speculation" (yes, CJohn, I've been reading those posts, and they are a trip:)...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

I actually have been expecting #1 from the start when it was "who is behind the TVA":)...it's what I would have written, especially if I was told to not screw up the rest of the MCU too badly:)...so, it's not a spoiler per se, but more like old days "Lost speculation" (yes, CJohn, I've been reading those posts, and they are a trip:)...

Not spoiler as in blatant spoiler but unintended speculative spoiler. Fan theories are in that category.

• Like 2

This episode made things even more illogical but in pure entertainment value, it was probably my favorite one. Really fun from start to finish. 

32 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I dislike the first option, but I agree it is the most likely. Still, I'll be disappointed if it goes that way. Would rather have Kang or some other villain. 

Spoiler

It makes Loki seem way too important. Basically this whole series will just be Loki having influenced the whole universe, and in the grand scheme of things he is really not that powerful to have such influence. 

38 minutes ago, Menor said:

Reveal hidden contents

the fact that infinity stones are just stones in TVA, needs better explanation/payoff.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cap said:

Reveal hidden contents

Considering how show has went , no 1 makes total sense to me.

The thing is as much as I would love for no 2 to be true, Marvel will never do that.

We learned our mistakes from Wandavision and Falcon, at the end of the day these shows are very self contained and made so that they don't affect films drastically. Also , each series so far have been about fighting inner demons , so this makes even more sense.  Also , this is marvel's fav plot when it comes to such things.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

the fact that infinity stones are just stones in TVA, needs better explanation/payoff.

That was to show that the TVA is above all power known to us in the MCU so far. What's killing half the universe when you can literally erase timelines?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Madhuvan said:

wow , LOKI is still trending in US at No 7. This is huge. Only Mandalorian Season 2 finale trended like this.

Show is definetly a big success.

I suspect it’s because there’s so much fun nonsense in this episode. I’ve been scrolling through all of the tags, and it’s just a bunch of Memes and a bunch of fanart. I would not be shocked if it trended it all weekend

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

That was to show that the TVA is above all power known to us in the MCU so far. What's killing half the universe when you can literally erase timelines?

Now that's why I have an issue with tva . In episode 1 they say everything that happens is as they will it to. Infinity stones are paper weights to them yet the tva as a whole continue to be ousted by mere  lokis so easily every episode. 

Loki and counterparts escape in the most easy and contrived ways with laziest of plans.

TVA for an organization that is so powerful are just basic villian fodder for the heroes to beat and escape.

Mn after that first episode I was intrigued to see the way and the motivations behind the actions of the time keepers but nah they are just fodder and incompetent villains.

Infinity stones in the drawer was only just a visual to show us there bigger and better but with zero substance to it.

Watched episode 5 . It's the second weakest of the series so far

The good;

- visuals and music continue to be outstanding

- owen is back and his brief moment with loki is pretty good 

- Richard E grant was great.

The mixed;

- though the episode ended pretty well and set up the next episode for most part it was kind of filler tbh.

- dialogue was clunky in some scenes 

- Action was laughable

- loki /sylvie relationship still forced . They are trying too hard and way too fast. There is a point in this episode were loki acts completely out of character and he rans to her when the loki I know even post avengers would probably stay back and throw one of those snarky comments while he pretends to not have feelings. I know I've gotten a little wordy here but it's not that I believe he wouldn't do it but it's just that I don't believe he would break his walls after like after 2 episodes . It's just so rushed it makes me cringe.

Generally the first two episodes were tighter but the last three episodes the plot has been rushed and things and scenes are happening  and moving way too fast .

Overall still enjoyed it and still looking forward to next week's episode.

Edited by Liiviig 1998
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

wow , LOKI is still trending in US at No 7. This is huge. Only Mandalorian Season 2 finale trended like this.

Show is definetly a big success.

It's not trending anymore. Pretty sure some episodes of Wandavision trended for a similar amount of time.