cheesypoofs

Scream | January 14, 2022 | Profit of $56.7M

7 hours ago, Napoleon said:

No celebrity death has affected me the way Craven's did. Listening to his interviews/commentaries as a kid (during which he'd intellectualise the brutal and violent material in his films with more passion and insight than...anyone else I'd listen to) was very formative for me. 

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

On 12/19/2021 at 6:55 AM, ViktorLosAngeles said:

With Spider-Man being this big, I can't see Scream topping the US box office, as I assume SM can bring anywhere from 20 to 30 million in it's 5th weekend.

TFA did $26M 5th weekend and was much bigger than NWH...

Edited by efialtes76

3 hours ago, ThomasNicole said:

This is coming out in such a bad environment, and i think they can't even think about change it, so i hope this succeeds, the franchise deserves a hit after the unfair reception of Scream 4.

As much as it pains me to say it as a massive fan of the series, I think this opens in the low teens at this point unless the Covid situation improves dramatically/magically in the next two weeks.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, SnokesLegs said:

As much as it pains me to say it as a massive fan of the series, I think this opens in the low teens at this point unless the Covid situation improves dramatically/magically in the next two weeks.

Agreed. As a fan i would prefer if they delayed it to March just to have a shot opening with +30M.

But since there's only 2 weeks left and at this point all the contracts are probably done including the ones with theaters which will be open, i think it's impossible to do anything, this really needs a miracle to overperform.

I only hope If this really opens with only 10-15M the studio didn't use it as a proof of "people don't care" to cancel future plans.

34 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

Agreed. As a fan i would prefer if they delayed it to March just to have a shot opening with +30M.

But since there's only 2 weeks left and at this point all the contracts are probably done including the ones with theaters which will be open, i think it's impossible to do anything, this really needs a miracle to overperform.

I only hope If this really opens with only 10-15M the studio didn't use it as a proof of "people don't care" to cancel future plans.

Paramount delayed A Quiet Place 2 within a similar time frame in March 2020, but I doubt they do it again here. It might surprise us as horror has been mostly bullet proof throughout the pandemic since it skews younger, but I feel like Scream might skew older.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnokesLegs said:

Paramount delayed A Quiet Place 2 within a similar time frame in March 2020, but I doubt they do it again here. It might surprise us as horror has been mostly bullet proof throughout the pandemic since it skews younger, but I feel like Scream might skew older.

The good thing is that Scream 4 really found a younger audience at home over the years and they’ve been doing a lot of younger targeted advertising (TikTok, IG lenses and lots of Twitter stuff). 

We’ll see what happens soon enough. I really hope it does well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

Halloween goes back to when my parents were in high school, yet 62% of the audience for Halloween Kills' 50M+ opening was 18-34. I see little reason for Scream to skew any older, especially since Scream 4's opening was 54% under 25.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SnokesLegs said:

That was due to theaters closing but scream is an American production and USA isn't closing theaters anymore

• Like 1