cheesypoofs

Scream | January 14, 2022 | Profit of $56.7M

1 hour ago, Eric Smith said:

Halloween goes back to when my parents were in high school, yet 62% of the audience for Halloween Kills' 50M+ opening was 18-34. I see little reason for Scream to skew any older, especially since Scream 4's opening was 54% under 25.

I hope you’re right, I really do. It’s encouraging that the re-release of the original Scream seemed to do quite well here in the UK back in October. It didn’t have many showtimes, but the ones it had were all very close to sell outs.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Cruel Summer said:

I hope its neve-CC cause the new cast is full of nobodies

It really isn’t. Dylan Minnette and Jack Quaid star in two of the biggest shows in recent years. As does Jenna Ortega. 

But most of the chat show line up is Courteney Cox, Neve Campbell and David Arquette together, apart from the last date of Kelly Clarkson show which is Mason Gooding on his own. 

I always thought low-$20M opening/low-$50M total would be a win for this, especially when the budget is almost certainly low enough to guarantee a nice profit. Given how much the audience rejection of 4 surprised everyone when it came out and indicated a past-its-prime franchise, meeting or surpassing that movie's numbers would likely make the studio very happy given the overall uncertain state of the marketplace at the moment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

I always thought low-$20M opening/low-$50M total would be a win for this, especially when the budget is almost certainly low enough to guarantee a nice profit. Given how much the audience rejection of 4 surprised everyone when it came out and indicated a past-its-prime franchise, meeting or surpassing that movie's numbers would likely make the studio very happy given the overall uncertain state of the marketplace at the moment.

Yeh, I think an opening in the 20’s would be solid. Obviously I was originally hoping for more but alas. 

Oh my god i didnt even realize that this movie is directed by the guys from literally on of my favourite films of the last few years (Ready or Not).

Even if i wasnt a Scream fan (im a big one) this is now definetly my most anticipated movie of this year lol.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

too late for any delay, and box office not dependent for overseas much

Yeh I think it would’ve been hard pushed to beat Scream 4’s International gross: $59m, more than domestic, even without covid. 

Candyman and Halloween Kills did $16m and $39m without omicron, so I’d expect something in between maybe for international. 

Yeah I just revisited 4 after a long time in the lead up and was surprised how much I liked it. 

It handles the legacy/reboot/homage discussion in a really fun/interesting way.

I still think the kills/whodunnit aspect feels somewhat perfunctory. Sidney also feels sidelined, there's a lack of closure to the films ending. But even then I really enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FilmFincher said:

Yeah I just revisited 4 after a long time in the lead up and was surprised how much I liked it. 

It handles the legacy/reboot/homage discussion in a really fun/interesting way.

I still think the kills/whodunnit aspect feels somewhat perfunctory. Sidney also feels sidelined, there's a lack of closure to the films ending. But even then I really enjoyed it. 

The motive in 4 was really ahead of its time. Charlie is probably the weakest killer of the whole franchise I’d say, but Jill is great. 

I’ll rewatch all 4 of them (again) closer to release. I got tickets for two showings on opening day, same as I did for Scream 4. The excitement is real. 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 5:38 PM, Krissykins said:

UK tickets are on sale now. 

It seems like it’s been rated an 18. 

Scream 4 was a 15. 

Yep, it’s just been added to the BBFC website. Rated 18 for “Strong bloody violence”. Should be interesting to see how it compares to Scream 4 in the violence department, as I personally felt that was a VERY lenient 15.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SnokesLegs said:

Yep, it’s just been added to the BBFC website. Rated 18 for “Strong bloody violence”. Should be interesting to see how it compares to Scream 4 in the violence department, as I personally felt that was a VERY lenient 15.

I don’t know, I can see why Scream 4 is a 15. It has a slightly lighter tone and I guess they can get away with the first 4 “Stab” deaths as parody/spoof, as one of the slit throats is pretty graphic.