cheesypoofs

Scream | January 14, 2022 | Profit of $56.7M

I think this will end up having more of a Halloween H20 buzz than Blumhouse's Halloween. Maybe give it another decade of shitty sequels/spinoffs/tvshows before they bring the whole thing home around 2036.

27 minutes ago, Joel M said:

I think this will end up having more of a Halloween H20 buzz than Blumhouse's Halloween. Maybe give it another decade of shitty sequels/spinoffs/tvshows before they bring the whole thing home around 2036.

H20 buzz wouldn't be bad at all!

Scream 4 has finally got the appreciation it deserved over the years since its release. 

It seems it found a completely new young audience on streaming that didn’t go to the cinemas. Guessing it was the first introduction to the franchise for a whole generation. 

Over the moon that Cox and Arquette are back. Hoping for Neve Campbell now, but I’ll be nervous about any of them being killed off. 

Scream is differentiated by its meta aspect, but in my opinion it was the pure and simple suspense that made the first two so effective. Wes Craven wasn't so inspired anymore when he made 3 and 4, and that's why I think they were so disappointing. So I'm not against other people taking on the franchise. Unfortunately, I don't think the guys behind the atrocious Devil's Due and the overrated Ready Or Not are gonna deliver. Also, it sounds to me like the studio will release anything to cash in on the 25th anniversary of the original next year. I have very low expectations but I hope I'm proven wrong.