cheesypoofs

Scream | January 14, 2022 | Profit of $56.7M

1 hour ago, TheDude391 said:

I think cellphones have negatively affected horror films in general but the killer unlocking doors with an app is so lame. 

You mean so scary! That was legit. 

• Like 2

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

Yeah i recall the Scream 4 marketing really focusing on the meta elements but that was just a straight down the middle slasher movie trailer which probably works better for audiences I guess?

The only truly meta moments in Scream 4 were the multiple opening scenes. After that, as you said it was a regular slasher movie. Of course, if they had ended it at the point the screen goes black before the entire hospital segment, it might have genuinely ended up doing something horror franchises don't do - straight up kill the main character.

i actually liked scream 4 a lot but i never saw it a second time. emma roberts was great in it. at the time i didn't want any of the main three to die but i'm less precious about it now i guess i probably wouldn't mind seeing any of them killed off. i don't think any of them should be the killer which was theorized then and i'm seeing it come back now. that would be stupid.

42 minutes ago, grim22 said:

The only truly meta moments in Scream 4 were the multiple opening scenes. After that, as you said it was a regular slasher movie. Of course, if they had ended it at the point the screen goes black before the entire hospital segment, it might have genuinely ended up doing something horror franchises don't do - straight up kill the main character.

A slasher movie with a surprising large budget of 40m. If it had a Blumhouse sub 10m budget it would have been a decent moneymaker despite dropping so much from the originals 

Scream 4 has a lot going for it, but it looks so bad it's impossible to get past. Especially after how huge Scream 2 and 3 felt - like the first slasher blockbusters.

I do love the series, but the meta aspect becomes annoying if the movie can't stay ahead of the audience. The first Scream is really kinda perfect there.

Craven was at the top of his game with Scream 2 and that helps Scream 2 overcome an intergalactically stupid third act (Laurie Metcalfe sells it a crazy amount considering it is absolutely not on the page). The other two are stupid sequels that try to spoof stupid sequels and it really, really doesn't work. Nothing in Stab 3 is as stupid as the killer's motive and plan in Scream 3.

There was so little money in the music budget for Scream 4 that Marco Beltrami only had two weeks to write the score and they could only afford a session with a tiny orchestra, which is why the score all sounds like mock-ups.

I wonder if something similar happened with the cinematography because Deming obviously knows what he's doing but yikes it looks like ass.

I went to the 25th anniversary screening here in the UK last night. The original film has never looked better than this remaster. Even I was noticing small details I’ve never seen or heard before.

They played the new trailer before it, what a buzz with a sold out crowd of Scream fans and some Ghostface masks in the audience. 

They also had the posters up for the new film. So exciting. 

• Like 1

Might be a bit of an unpopular opinion considering most posts here, but i really like Scream 4. Its the most entertaining for me after the original ofc, the acting is a lot better (Emma Roberts is genuinely great) and it feels a lot more like the first two instead of the travesty that is calles Scream 3.