charlie Jatinder

Weekend Thread: The End is Near.

15 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Is that true Friday for Bloodshot or total ??

if so it’s Thursday previews are inflated big time  

100% true, a 600k Fri would make no sense.   

Worse OD ratio than Endgame got after 60M previews though :hahaha:

• Astonished 1

29 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Onward will make sub 200m ww. Might be on the biggest bombs of all time list 

Gotta hand it to Disney, they can make a lot of money but they sure know how to bomb in style

1 hour ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

Hell, moving a 100 million+ movie from theaters to streaming has been done before with Warner with Mowgli. Was supposed to hit theaters, then came out on Netflix. Granted it was really, really, bad.

I don't see them doing it with Mulan (I see them dumping New Mutants or Artemis Fowl) on streaming, but yeah, having Mulan debut on their (without even adding a Pay Per View price) would be phenomenal. You'd get more signups.

Mowgli was dumped because it was going to bomb anyway. Mulan is easily a billion dollar movie once China's theaters reopen. Disney would be insane to move it to streaming. They would miss out on hundreds of millions of dollars, since Disney + is only available in a few countries, and the people who would watch Mulan almost certainly already have an account. Artemis Fowl on the hand can debut on Disney+ since it looks like it's going to bomb anyway.

• Like 1

The entire industry is taking a multi-billion dollar loss (not just from delaying movies that were literally set to open, but also shutting down production on movies, shows, events, etc.) from what's happening in the world so I imagine Onward's failure will just be grouped in with it.

one of my local theaters (Cinemark) has turned off reserved seating and posted this when you click on a showtime for tomorrow:

Choose your seat when you arrive in theatre.

We have temporarily reduced seating capacity and turned on open seating to give you greater flexibility for social distancing as desired.

• Haha 1

While nothing is playing at capacity, I wonder how much the 50% cap on sales at the major chains is having an effect. 

In Seattle, it's basically only the AMC and Regals that are open. Most of the independent theaters are closed. 

My guess is that Top Gun 2 and In The Heights end up being the first releases after the slowdown, plus the settling down period is done, and both make bank on the back of that. Currently, based on CDC estimates, the "emergency" period will go through the end of May, then give everyone 3-4 weeks to settle down and get back to normalcy. The weekend before Independence Day sounds about right for full recovery.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Bloodshot true Fri up 50% from last update 😮😮😮

Over-performing OW + great legs from no competition, we could be looking at a real competitor for Marvel/DC with Valiant...