5. Sonic the Hedgehog

6. Bad Boys for Life

7. The Gentlemen

8. Fantasy Island

9. Jumanji: the Next Level

10. Knives Out

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 1:31 AM, junkshop36 said:

Streaming movies and tv shows without paying a monthly fee for a streaming service or cable is pretty easy. 

Buy a Firestick. Plug it into your tv, change a couple settings, download a couple apps and BOOM, your good to go. 

Sounds illegal to me

7 hours ago, Krissykins said:

Sounds illegal to me

It is a gray zone, it is probably in principle illegal but much harder to apply versus a regular download.

Say you watch on youtube something that had is copyright infringed, it is in a way has illegal than what described above. 

That in part why it got so popular over torrent (that and it is way simpler for unaware tech, you do not even have to install anything you can buy the device with already the setting changed and the apps installed)

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 12:08 AM, Eric Atreides said:

Apple

1. Scoob!

2. Bad Boys for Life

3. Birds of Prey

4. Jumanji: The Next Level

5. Emma.

6. Capone

7. Sonic the Hedgehog

8. Midway

9. Justice League Dark: Apokolips War

10. The Gentlemen

Amazon

1. Scoob!

2. Trolls World Tour

3. Bloodshot

4. The Greatest Showman

5. Sonic the Hedgehog

6. Bad Boys for Life

7. The Gentlemen

8. Fantasy Island

10. Knives Out

Apple

1. Scoob!

2. Emma.

3. Jumanji: The Next Level

4. Sonic the Hedgehog

5. Birds of Prey

6. Bad Boys for Life

7. The Gentlemen

8. Bloodshot

9. Midway

10. Fury

Amazon

1. Scoob!

2. Trolls World Tour

3. Bloodshot

4. Sonic the Hedgehog

5. The Greatest Showman

6. Bad Boys for Life

7. Uncut Gems

8. The Gentlemen

10. Fantasy Island

• Like 2

On 5/23/2020 at 12:10 AM, Eric Atreides said:

Apple

1. Scoob!

2. Emma.

4. Sonic the Hedgehog

5. Birds of Prey

6. Bad Boys for Life

7. The Gentlemen

8. Bloodshot

9. Midway

10. Fury

Amazon

1. Scoob!

2. Trolls World Tour

3. Bloodshot

4. Sonic the Hedgehog

5. The Greatest Showman

6. Bad Boys for Life

7. Uncut Gems

8. The Gentlemen

10. Fantasy Island

Apple

1. Scoob!

2. Emma.

4. Sonic the Hedgehog

5. The Gentlemen

6. Bad Boys for Life

7. Bloodshot

8. Birds of Prey

9. A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

10. Midway

Amazon

1. Scoob!

2. Trolls World Tour

3. Bloodshot

4. Sonic the Hedgehog

5. The Greatest Showman

6. Bad Boys for Life

7. The Gentlemen

8. Uncut Gems

10. Knives Out

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Eric Atreides said:

Apple

1. Scoob!

2. Emma.

4. Sonic the Hedgehog

5. The Gentlemen

6. Bad Boys for Life

7. Bloodshot

8. Birds of Prey

9. A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

10. Midway

Amazon

1. Scoob!

2. Trolls World Tour

3. Bloodshot

4. Sonic the Hedgehog

5. The Greatest Showman

6. Bad Boys for Life

7. The Gentlemen

8. Uncut Gems

10. Knives Out

Apple

1. Scoob!

2. Jumanji: The Next Level

3. Emma.

4. The Gentlemen

5. Bloodshot

6. Bad Boys for Life

7. Sonic the Hedgehog

8. Birds of Prey

9. Midway

10. A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Amazon

1. Scoob!

2. Trolls World Tour

3. Bloodshot

4. Sonic the Hedgehog

5. The Greatest Showman

6. Bad Boys for Life

7. The Gentlemen

8. Knives Out

10. Fantasy Island

• Like 1

Trolls got near 5mn people spend $20 for it. Can a Mulan get 10mn but for $50 each?

If so I think PVOD is way forward, as $50 each for 10mn would be $350mn for Disney. That's something they would have got from $1Bn box office assuming $350mn of that is from China.

And if Trolls really had $100mn outside USA, may be Mulan could pull up as well. 

Also $50 ain't bad either. A usual movie for family would cost $30-50 in tickets + transit + F&B.  Even going solo $9-13 for tickets + transit/parking + F&B.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Trolls got near 5mn people spend $20 for it. Can a Mulan get 10mn but for $50 each?

If so I think PVOD is way forward, as $50 each for 10mn would be $350mn for Disney. That's something they would have got from $1Bn box office assuming $350mn of that is from China.

And if Trolls really had $100mn outside USA, may be Mulan could pull up as well. 

Also $50 ain't bad either. A usual movie for family would cost $30-50 in tickets + transit + F&B.  Even going solo $9-13 for tickets + transit/parking + F&B.

I was just talking about this in the Nolan thread.   29.99 VOD x 5 Million purchases = 150 Million.   50 Bucks may be a little high but I could see people spending 30 for a new release.  During the Blockbuster Video days, a New Release rental was way more than the regular rental.   Again we are in uncharted waters.  I'm unsure how movies are going to do with Limited capacity and social distancing guidelines when theaters open.   Also there will be a segment of the population that will not rush back.  Not to mention families got to see both "Trolls" and "Scoob" from home so families may also take a wait and see approach. 

4 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

No one's spending 50 dollars for a non-MCU, non-Star Wars movie.

I can’t speak for anyone else but I wouldn’t pay $50 to rent any movie honestly. I think the max would be like $35-39.99 and that would be for the biggest blockbusters around like mcu/dc etc. I know it’s easy to say “but you’d pay this much in a theatre”, but I wouldn’t be in a theatre and while my home set up is fine it’s not the same as seeing it on the big screen in imax. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I can’t speak for anyone else but I wouldn’t pay $50 to rent any movie honestly. I think the max would be like $35-39.99 and that would be for the biggest blockbusters around like mcu/dc etc. I know it’s easy to say “but you’d pay this much in a theatre”, but I wouldn’t be in a theatre and while my home set up is fine it’s not the same as seeing it on the big screen in imax. 

If "Endgame"  or "Rise of Skywalker" was in this situation, people would pay 49.99 to see it.  People pay more to watch Boxing or Wrestling matches.  

Edited by filmscholar

1 hour ago, filmscholar said:

If "Endgame"  or "Rise of Skywalker" was in this situation, people would pay 49.99 to see it.  People pay more to watch Boxing or Wrestling matches.  

I’m not debating what others should or shouldn’t pay, I’m only stating what I would pay. I’m sure you’re right. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I’m not debating what others should or shouldn’t pay, I’m only stating what I would pay. I’m sure you’re right. 

OK, I feel you and no I wouldn't pay that either, lol.  My limit is about 30 bucks.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, filmscholar said:

OK, I feel you and no I wouldn't pay that either, lol.  My limit is about 30 bucks.  

I paid the expensive rental rate for trolls and Scoob cause of the unique unfortunate situation we’re all in. Normally I would never pay that for those, I would wait till they are out to rent and pay the $6  on demand.

I won’t be going back to a theatre till things are much more safe (just my personal opinion) so I’m fine paying for these movies now but that won’t always be the case. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

$50 is horrible. I usually find deals to be $25 or less for drinks popcorn and 2 tickets. $30 for 3 tickets of kids comes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I paid the expensive rental rate for trolls and Scoob cause of the unique unfortunate situation we’re all in. Normally I would never pay that for those, I would wait till they are out to rent and pay the $6  on demand.

I won’t be going back to a theatre till things are much more safe (just my personal opinion) so I’m fine paying for these movies now but that won’t always be the case. 

When things are safe these will do horrible. However probably till next year for that

26 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

When things are safe these will do horrible. However probably till next year for that

I think some movies could do fine, like smaller horror or comedies. I was saying a few pages back that movies like crawl and game night are movies I enjoyed but didn’t need to be in a theatre to see. I’d be fine paying $20 or so to watch those at home. 

9 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I think some movies could do fine, like smaller horror or comedies. I was saying a few pages back that movies like crawl and game night are movies I enjoyed but didn’t need to be in a theatre to see. I’d be fine paying $20 or so to watch those at home. 

Sure but major productions no way