Jake Gittes

BOT's Top 100 Films of the 2010s: The Countdown | List complete

20 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

The lack of Scott Pligrim and HTTYD make me question your taste🤔🤔

Also, why is TLJ here? TLJ is the second worst Star Wars movie. 

I am going in super rage mode if it makes into Top 30.

Imagine ranking TLJ above Avengers 1,3,4. Even Age of Ultron is better than TLJ. 

What does my taste have to do with that list of films?

Also your taste not great btw. Avengers movies drool. Rian Johnson directed star wars movies rule

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

uh oh guys. he's gonna go into super rage mode. that'd be dangerous for all of us. maybe we should just lock the thread. it's been a fun countdown and all but safety has to come first. i don't know what super rage mode is but it sounds dangerous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

btw @Jake Gittes you don't have to push out 15 entries a day on Saturday or Sunday to compensate. You're allowed to take as much time as you need.

Thanks man I appreciate it. But both days are looking to be mostly free for me so it shouldn't be a bother. We'll see, anyway.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Stuff like this shot 66b817e16b2b2a93ab55cafbe9ba1511.jpg was absolutely hilarious

i quote the bit where hugo weaving says "I''m gonna have to beat you now" in slow motion a bunch w/ friends it's so funny. everything about the first half of that movie you could intercut scenes with Walk Hard and it would probably be seamless. especially hugo weaving felt like Mel trying to outdo the "wrong kid died" dad stuff.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

uh oh guys. he's gonna go into super rage mode. that'd be dangerous for all of us. maybe we should just lock the thread. it's been a fun countdown and all but safety has to come first. i don't know what super rage mode is but it sounds dangerous.

Maybe we could've avoided the super rage mode if we'd called the countdown Top 100 Movies That Made The Greatest Impact On This Generation. But I guess it's too late now rip. We'll have to weather this storm somehow.

• Haha 3

Just now, TMP said:

Good Andrew Garfield performance. Not Social Network-level good, but still. Over the capeshit he did for sure.

i... actually can't think of a worse one? i like him a lot, probably more than most people do, he's been in my best actor list like three times in the last few years, but man he plays that very simple jack. he gets better as the movie goes on but again in the first half i'm sitting there thinking "desmond doss wasn't mentally challenged... was he?" because of garfield's performance.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Maybe we could've avoided the super rage mode if we'd called the countdown Top 100 Movies That Made The Greatest Impact On This Generation. But I guess it's too late now rip. We'll have to weather this storm somehow.

for real he was talking about Frozen's cultural impact too. i thought we were just voting on movies we liked jake i wish you'd told me before hand that the films in the top 10 are all getting inducted into the national film registry. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

And now I'm wondering why this movie won Best Editing at the Oscars with shit like that. 

I am wondering why anyone would even watch it out of the few small impressions I got here. 

But I do not like comedy / slapstick, ... shrugs.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Number 39

Hide contents

8QUAYUv.jpg

"I will fight for those who cannot fight for themselves."
249 points, 19 lists

directed by Patty Jenkins | US, China, Hong Kong | 2017

The Pitch: The Amazon princess Diana leaves her island home to try and stop World War I,

Top 5 Placements: 1
Top 12 Placements: 2
Metacritic: 76
Box Office: $821m WW
Awards: Critics’ Choice Award for Best Action Movie; Empire Award for Best Sci-Fi/Fantasy; Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation; Saturn Award for Best Actress
BOT History: #5, Top Movies of 2017; 4 BOFFY nominations
Critic Opinion: "Gadot is simply marvelous. Physically, she’s bold and commanding. But there’s a sweetness about her too, as if she and Jenkins understand intuitively that Wonder Woman can’t just be blandly awesome. She's got to be able to feel wonder too." - Stephanie Zacharek, TIME

"Wonder Woman is exciting, romantic, funny — and my favorite DC Extended Universe movie to date. With her courage and strength, Diana sets an example for everyone she meets, and she holds fast to her ideals even under great pressure. With any luck, she’ll provide similar inspiration to the directors of the DC Extended Universe in the years ahead." - Matt Singer, Screen Crush
BOT Sez: “There is, occasionally, that one bit of clunky line delievery that haunted Gal a little bit in Batman V Superman, but that is actually camouflaged brilliantly for the most part by a supremely charismatic and charming performance. Gal owns the role, bringing it the naivety, the curiosity, the strong beliefs and, of course, the badassness that Diana demands. And hot damn, Wonder Woman is such a great character. Not only insanely likeable (and sexy :ph34r:), but truly a warrior who fights for what she believes in and doesn't take shit from anyone.” - @MCKillswitch123
“The chemistry between Gal and Chris is off the charts in this movie, and every time the camera pulled away from them I just wanted it to go right back there, Chris Pine is abosutly fantastic in the movie- the romance story is possibly the best romance I've seen in a Superhero film, and one of my favorite things about this movie was how it doesn't mind slowing down and giving real intimate moments that actually make you care about the characters in the movies, there are several scenes like this and it works wonders, Patty Jenkins really excels in this aspect.” - @Kalo
Commentary: The biggest hit of summer 2017, and the movie that finally brought critical praise and leggy box-office to the DCEU. Under a lot of pressure both fair and less so - it did, after all, take a woman until 2017 to get a chance to helm such an expensive, big-scale live-action film - director Patty Jenkins delivered, crafting a superhero tentpole that, at its best, allowed the audiences to feel a real connection with the titular heroine and what she represents. Their response was appropriately enthusiastic. 

MV5BMjIyMzkzNTE0N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjYz

You used my review. :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i... actually can't think of a worse one? i like him a lot, probably more than most people do, he's been in my best actor list like three times in the last few years, but man he plays that very simple jack. he gets better as the movie goes on but again in the first half i'm sitting there thinking "desmond doss wasn't mentally challenged... was he?" because of garfield's performance.

The first half feels so weirdly, strangely schmaltzy, but I never thought his performance contributed to that; I don't think he deserved the nomination for Ridge over Silence, but I thought his Doss was still solid all around. Never felt hammy to me, personally.

• Like 1