Jake Gittes

BOT's Top 100 Films of the 2010s: The Countdown | List complete

11 minutes ago, The Panda said:

How high did this work of art rank? @Jake Gittes

giphy.gif

129th. Looked for a while like a definite top 100 possibility but in the end it wasn't on enough lists. 

I will reveal all 800+ movies once the countdown ends so y'all will be able to see what placed where.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

129th. Looked for a while like a definite top 100 possibility but in the end it wasn't on enough lists. 

I will reveal all 800+ movies once the countdown ends so y'all will be able to see what placed where.

SilverHatefulHarrier-size_restricted.gif

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Legit this is something I never expected. :lol: 

It was captivating from start to finish. The editing style was a bit weird at first, but I got used to it with the color contrast. The editing really paid off near the end of the 2nd act with the most emotionally impactful movie scene of 2019(at least in my eyes). 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

It was captivating from start to finish. The editing style was a bit weird at first, but I got used to it with the color contrast. The editing really paid off near the end of the 2nd act with the most emotionally impactful movie scene of 2019(at least in my eyes). 

I agree with you (which I think is also very unexpected). :lol: 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Have you seen Deja Vu? I watched that recently and loved it, shocked by how buried it seems to be.

Yes! Deju Vu is very underrated, imo. Clever and super-enjoyable.

Btw, I haven't been able to keep up with the list because of work, but did The Guest show up?

• Like 2

Another really good Garfield performance is from Never Let Me Go. It came out around the same time as TSN, floped horribly and even critics didn't like it that much but it's a great movie imo. Keira and Carrey Mulligan are also very good in it, I 've cried everytime I watched it.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Joel M said:

Another really good Garfield performance is from Never Let Me Go. It came out around the same time as TSN, floped horribly and even critics didn't like it that much but it's a great movie imo. Keira and Carrey Mulligan are also very good in it, I 've cried everytime I watched it.

Never Let Me Go and Boy A were the reasons I boarded the flaming TASM train. I forgot NLMG was a 2010 movie. Misremembered it as coming out in 2009. Would have included it in my Top 100 (not that it would have mattered much as it seems to have slipped most people's radar).

As an aside, the actor who played the younger version of Garfield's character in Never Let Me Go, Charlie Rowe, was rumored to have been Feige's initial choice for MCU Spidey. It was Pascal and co. who apparently backed Holland, and RDJ favored the latter after screen tests. Which totally makes sense considering the direction they took with MCU Peter Parker. But a part of me would have preferred a Peter who was closer to Rowe/Garfield's character in this film TBH

Edited by Spidey Freak
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Joel M said:

Still for me the best Carey Mulligan is Blink. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Never Let Me Go and Boy A were the reasons I boarded the flaming TASM train. I forgot NLMG was a 2010 movie. Misremembered it as coming out in 2009. Would have included it in my Top 100 (not that it would have mattered much as it seems to have slipped most people's radar).

I don't think he is great in everything but his filmography is surprising stellar, maybe it's because he doesn't do that many movies. His early UK tv stuff Boy A and Red Riding are pretty good, the aborted Spidey franchise is not very good but it ain't terrible or embarrasing either and his other movies (TSN, Never let me go, 99 homes, hacksaw, silence, silver lake) range from decent to masterpiece and are very diverse. The only one I haven't seen is Breathe, which looks really bad but still. Very strong resume for someone who's only in the buisness for a decade.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Stingray said:

Yes! Deju Vu is very underrated, imo. Clever and super-enjoyable.

Btw, I haven't been able to keep up with the list because of work, but did The Guest show up?

Sadly it has not

• Like 1

On 4/17/2020 at 11:05 AM, Ethan Hunt said:

I feel like the number of people in here actively outing their taste as bad by complaining that avengers movies being in the top 30 is to low is astounding 

What about movie taste is subjective and some people don't need to be snubs about what they like because it's artsy... Also isn't Transformers one of your favorite movies? :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Back to our regularly scheduled program. 10 is looking more likely than 15 for today after all but we'll see how it goes. First, updated stats after #100-31

Yearly breakdown: 2011 (5), 2012 (8), 2013 (7), 2014 (8), 2015 (7), 2016 (10), 2017 (8), 2018 (9), 2019 (8)

Directors with multiple films on the list: Anthony & Joe Russo (3); Paul Thomas Anderson (2); Barry Jenkins (2); Sam Mendes (2); Quentin Tarantino (2)

Actors with multiple characters on the list: Brad Pitt (5); Adam Driver (4); Chris Pratt (4); Kyle Chandler (3); Jessica Chastain (3); Bradley Cooper (3); Benedict Cumberbatch (3); Robert De Niro (3); Philip Seymour Hoffman (3); Oscar Isaac (3); Lupita Nyong'o (3)Gary Oldman (3); Octavia Spencer (3); Christian Bale (2); Cate Blanchett (2); Emily Blunt (2); Josh Brolin (2)Timothée Chalamet (2); Jason Clarke (2); Tom Cruise (2); Willem Dafoe (2); Benicio del Toro (2); Laura Dern (2); Leonardo DiCaprio (2); Chiwetel Ejiofor (2); Idris Elba (2); Chris Evans (2); Ben Foster (2); Morgan Freeman (2); Karen Gillan (2); Brendan Gleeson (2); Sally Hawkins (2); Lucas Hedges (2); Stephen McKinley Henderson (2); Brian Tyree Henry (2); Jonah Hill (2); John Hurt (2); Marin Ireland (2); Samuel L. Jackson (2); Scarlett Johansson (2); Daniel Kaluuya (2); Brie Larson (2); Jennifer Lawrence (2); Rami Malek (2); Ben Mendelsohn (2); Sarah Paulson (2); Joaquin Phoenix (2); Chris Pine (2); Amy Ryan (2); Andy Serkis (2);  Cobie Smulders (2); Imelda Staunton (2); Emma Stone (2); David Thewlis (2); Ben Whishaw (2); Forest Whitaker (2); Benedict Wong (2)Robin Wright (2)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1