Jake Gittes

BOT's Top 100 Films of the 2010s: The Countdown | List complete

28 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

Why do ya'll sleep on anything that's not Marvel/DC so much? Dredd missing the Top 110 or not making any BOT list other than a middling placement in the CBM one is a travesty. Scott Pilgrim... ok, tbf I don't see BOT voting for Scott Pilgrim but I thought the collection of Marvel/DC actors in its cast would at least give it a cult following with people discovering it thanks to their favourite superhero stars.

to like some actors as certain characters is a reason to watch a movie not being interested in?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I think we had more non-Marvel/DC CBMs released in the 2000s. The closest we got to a CBM being the next Speed Racer (at least in terms of the spectacle, visuals, and tone) was well, a DC movie.  I'd say 2010s was weaker had weaker CBMs in general compared to the 2000s. Yes, the Avengers films made a lot of money but are they as good as Josie and the Pussycats or Speed Racer? Not even close.

Also thought Pilgrim would make it into the list for a similar reason to yours. 

Edit: Snowpiercer made the list so that's one non Marvel/DC CBM.

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

So I looked up IMDb for my top 100 films last decade. Co-incidentally I had 100 films rated 8/10 or higher. So sharing those. @Cap Indian films are bold. As I said I am not good with rankings, quite possibly, if I make the list again, many of them will be in different order.

Spoiler
  1. Avengers: Infinity War
  2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
  3. Baahubali: The Conclusion
  4. Captain America: Civil War
  5. Avengers: Endgame
  6. Thor: Ragnarok
  7. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
  8. Guardians of the Galaxy
  9. Andhadhun
  10. Knives Out
  11. The Grand Budapest Hotel
  12. Coco
  13. Spider-man: Into the Spider Verse
  14. Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol
  15. Dunkirk
  16. 1917
  17. October
  18. Super Deluxe
  19. Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows Part 1
  20. Logan
  21. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2
  22. Spider-man: Homecoming
  23. Get Out
  24. Star Wars: The Last Jedi
  25. Gangs of Wasseypur 1
  26. Gangs of Wasseypur 2
  27. My Name Is Khan
  28. The Jungle Book
  29. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
  30. Toy Story 3
  31. Captain America: The First Avenger
  32. Zootopia
  33. Frozen
  34. Edge of Tomorrow
  35. X-men: Days of Future Past
  36. X-men: First Class
  37. Doctor Strange
  38. Ant-Man
  39. Black Panther
  40. Ant-Man and the Wasp
  41. Aladdin
  42. Isle of Dogs
  43. Love, Simon
  44. Parasite
  45. Inside Out
  46. Django Unchained
  47. The Martian
  48. The Revenant
  49. Gone Girl
  50. El Camino: Breaking Bad 
  51. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
  52. Rogue One
  53. Mission: Impossible - Fallout
  54. Life of Pi
  55. The Favourite
  56. Green Book
  57. Baahubali: The Beginning

58. Angrej

59. Nikka Zaildar

60. Nikka Zaildar 2

61. Qismat

62. Kapoor and Sons

63. Tumbbad

64. Vikram Vedha
  65. PK
  66. Haider
  67. Special 26
  68. Drishyam
  69. 12 Years of a Slave
  70. The King
  71. The Gentleman
  72. Barfi!
  73. Bhaag Milkha Bhaag
  74. Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara
  75. The Dark Knight Rises
  76. Punjab 1984
  77. Dear Zindagi
  78. Badlapur
  79. Badhaai Ho
  80. Queen
  81. Wonder
  82. Searching
  83. What We Do in the Shadows
  84. BlacKkklansman
  85. Ford v Ferrari
  86. The Farewell
  87. Boyhood
  88. Room
  89. Inception
  90. The Conjuring
  91. Incredibles 2
  92. Paddington 2
  93. Moana
  94. Toy Story 4
  95. Wrek-it Ralph
  96. Big Hero 6
  97. Once Upon A Time... In Hollywood
  98. Portrait of Lady on Fire
  99. The Post
  100. The Social Network

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 4
  • Astonished 1

Scott Pilgrim not in Top 100 movies of the decade automatically makes this list not worthy. 

Even Marty will agree that Pilgrim is one of the best.It's different, it's innovative.

Edgar Wright will haunt you all. 

Edited by Madhuvan
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

8 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Scott Pilgrim not in Top 100 movies of the decade automatically makes this list not worthy. 

Even Marty will agree that Pilgrim is one of the best.It's different, it's innovative.

Edgar Wright to me rn

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I was set to have Scott Pilgrim on my list until I actually rewatched it and found out that I'm not 16 anymore and it gets on my nerves now. 

I’m probably in for a crude awakening if I ever rewatch it again :ph34r:

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 2

Scott Pilgrim is garbage on a stick, with one of the most whiny and unlikable protagonists in history. Good on BOT for making it miss the top 100 (though I know it’ll get into the 2010 list sadly). A shame that so many talented young actors got thrown into that mess

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Last time I watched Scott Pilgrim was in middle school. I remember choosing Scott Pilgrim as the movie to watch with my class during the last day of middle school and everyone was so confused and disgusted (middle-schoolers are really homophobic) by the movie that they stopped the movie half-way through and we started watching Ice Age 3. 

Pilgrim made it into my top 100 but like I said, haven't seen it since middle school. Probably won't like it as much now.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Last time I watched Scott Pilgrim was in middle school. I remember choosing Scott Pilgrim as the movie to watch with my class during the last day of middle school and everyone was so confused and disgusted (middle-schoolers are really homophobic) by the movie that they stopped the movie half-way through and we started watching Ice Age 3. 

Pilgrim made it into my top 100 but like I said, haven't seen it since middle school. Probably won't like it as much now.

At least Manny's loyal to his girlfriend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Interstellar is one of the most ridiculous movies and it's up there with the dark Knight rises as one of the silliest scripted movies of the last decade. I can't believe there's so much love for it here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

Didn’t know Edgar Wright was no longer with us. RIP in peace.

• Like 1

Stats after #100-21

Yearly breakdown: 2010 (1), 2011 (5), 2012 (8), 2013 (8), 2014 (11), 2015 (8), 2016 (10), 2017 (12), 2018 (9), 2019 (8)

Directors with multiple films on the list: Anthony & Joe Russo (4); Paul Thomas Anderson (2); Ryan Coogler (2); Barry Jenkins (2); Sam Mendes (2); Christopher Nolan (2); Quentin Tarantino (2); Denis Villeneuve (2)

Actors with multiple characters on the list: Brad Pitt (5); Jessica Chastain (4); Adam Driver (4); Chris Pratt (4); Timothée Chalamet (3); Kyle Chandler (3); Bradley Cooper (3); Benedict Cumberbatch (3); Benicio del Toro (3); Robert De Niro (3); Laura Dern (3); Domhnall Gleeson (3); Philip Seymour Hoffman (3); Oscar Isaac (3); Lupita Nyong'o (3); Gary Oldman (3); Octavia Spencer (3); Robin Wright (3); Casey Affleck (2); Christian Bale (2); Dave Bautista (2); Wes Bentley (2); Cate Blanchett (2); Emily Blunt (2); Josh Brolin (2); Michael Caine (2); Jason Clarke (2); Carrie Coon (2); Tom Cruise (2); Willem Dafoe (2); Matt Damon (2)Mackenzie Davis (2); Leonardo DiCaprio (2); Chiwetel Ejiofor (2); Idris Elba (2); Chris Evans (2); Harrison Ford (2); Ben Foster (2); Morgan Freeman (2); Karen Gillan (2); Brendan Gleeson (2); Ryan Gosling (2); Topher Grace (2); Frank Grillo (2); Anne Hathaway (2); Sally Hawkins (2); Lucas Hedges (2); Stephen McKinley Henderson (2); Brian Tyree Henry (2); Jonah Hill (2); Boyd Holbrook (2); John Hurt (2); Marin Ireland (2); Samuel L. Jackson (2); Scarlett Johansson (2); Toby Jones (2)Michael B. Jordan (2); Daniel Kaluuya (2); Brie Larson (2); Jennifer Lawrence (2); Rami Malek (2); Ben Mendelsohn (2); Edward James Olmos (2); Sarah Paulson (2); Joaquin Phoenix (2); Chris Pine (2); Amy Ryan (2); Andy Serkis (2);  Cobie Smulders (2); Imelda Staunton (2); Emma Stone (2); David Thewlis (2); Tessa Thompson (2); Ben Whishaw (2); Forest Whitaker (2); Benedict Wong (2)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2