Jake Gittes

BOT's Top 100 Films of the 2010s: The Countdown | List complete

scott pilgrim looked cool thanks to its inventive style, but not great.

List thus far is largely dominated by mainstream tentpoles, maybe I should just call this as top 100 most popular good movies. I guess when you give an award, it will be always be about popularity   

The under-appreciation of non-english film as expected. This is sad because from my observation, English is not the first language for at least 50% of the users here.    

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

List thus far is largely dominated by mainstream tentpoles, maybe I should just call this as top 100 most popular good movies. I guess when you give an award, it will be always be about popularity   

The under-appreciation of non-english film as expected. This is sad because from my observation, English is not the first language for at least 50% of the users here.    

You know you are at a site that tracks box office, right?

And not everybody has the means to find these not so popular or underground or independent movies. unless you go to the theatre or have access to stream something legally not everybody knows to look for the next My Right Finger directed by Yashin Oleshnokof.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Calling this a list of the most popular movies kinda seems hillstiously inept to me

But why? You might not agree with the list and I certainly don't but is voted on by the members of our site so how else are we supposed to do it?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

I could've added some Hungarian films but what's the point? Nobody here has seen them except for maybe Son of Saul. But that one is also not my cup of tea.

Edited by misafeco
  • Like 3

Of the 80 movies revealed so far less than half made 100m DOM, for instance. That's still a lot but I don't think you can say this list has been "dominated" by tentpoles. I mean Before Midnight out-scored every MCU movie and The Tree of Life comfortably placed above Frozen. Etc etc. Most of these films are critical favorites.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Gangs of Wasseypur is better than 90% of the movies on this list. 

how much did that make it to North American box-office? How many commercials were on TV so that anybody here could be aware of that movie?