Eric Duncan

Bond Weekend Thread | NM 42.3, NTTD 40.1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Still can't believe The Lovebirds' $50M opening last weekend. And they said movies like that can only succeed on Netflix these days. All hail Kumail and Issa, the new King and Queen of Box Office.

That did surprise me, my guess is that the minority couple controversy caused by Eric Trump's tweet helped it.

• Like 2

GODDAMMIT!

My mom and I were all set to see Bond later tonight, but she decided to change it to Peter Rabbit at the last minute. I tell her I'm a furry one time, and she keeps forcing me to see these movies so she could "get to know me better".

Whatever. Let's just hope the multiplication scene is just as wild as the critics hyped it up to be.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Eric Lightfoot said:

GODDAMMIT!

My mom and I were all set to see Bond later tonight, but she decided to change it to Peter Rabbit at the last minute. I tell her I'm a furry one time, and she keeps forcing me to see these movies so she could "get to know me better".

Whatever. Let's just hope the multiplication scene is just as wild as the critics hyped it up to be.

We get it, you like rabbits. 😏

• Like 1

Deadline updates

After a $10.3M spytacular Thursday preview, Friday has shifted into overdrive with an expected $40-45M gross for NO TIME TO DIE which could put it anywhere around $95M to $115M. It will break records this weekend as the biggest Bond opening ever as well as mone of the largest pre-summer bows in history.

The biggest grossing theaters in the nation right now showing NTTD are in New York, Texas and California. The top three are the Empire 25 (with IMAX) in New York, the Paladium 22 in Houston (with IMAX) and Spectrum 30 (with IMAX) in irvine. The fourth and fifth biggest grossers are another theater in Houston and then LA Live in Los Angeles. And, AMC Lincoln Square in The Big Apple has been having to add showtimes around the clock to accommodate demand.

Internationally, the Cary Fukunaga-directed movie continued its winning streak and has grossed $215M going into this weekend. It was the top opener ever for Universal in the UK and is playing in the key markets of Australia, Brazil, Germany, Italy and Mexico.

The big question is how No Time to Die will hold up tomorrow. Will this picture make most of its money today and tonight? There is no competition from any other picture. Traditionally, moviegoing peaks on Good Friday and then falls off a bit on Easter Sunday because people tend to stay home with their families. This year, we have about 80% of kids flooding the marketplace so moviegoing will benefit from that. Will the traditional moviegoing pattern hold this year? We’ll see.

Love Birds in its second weekend is holding strong, expected only to drop 45%, to gross about $28.7M. To date, it’s well on its way to crossing the $100M mark with a total cume expected in of $96.98M. It was well-received by its core audience last weekend with an A CinemaScore.

Meanwhile, Mulan is taking wounds from Bond. The Disney movie is going to have a 60% drop or so in this frame. It has pulled in roughly $175.6M to date. We expect around $12.8M this weekend.

Among other holdovers, A Quiet Place 2 is looking at a $6M weekend for a running total of $132.4M.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Lion Roar said:

Honestly shocked at that number. I thought people hated Spectre? Guess people really are showing up for Daniel Craig's final outing

Scarlett's final Black Widow outing in three weeks is gonna explode bigly.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lion Roar said:

Honestly shocked at that number. I thought people hated Spectre? Guess people really are showing up for Daniel Craig's final outing

All Hail Ana! I thought people were gonna cancel her after the whole “calling paps for photos” thing with her and Ben, but her star power can’t be stopped!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Pretty badass for Bond if it holds up. My crowd this afternoon dug the hell out of it, so I'm interested to see what it can do with the next two pre-Black Widow weekends.

Heard through the grapevine that Black Widow was a dud.only worth seeing for Pugh's accent

Very very good for Bond. I didnt expect it as i remembered Spectre having very mixed WoM, but people seem to eat this new one up! Maybe its because of Craigs last outing as Bond, the really clever plotttwist at the end, the all-around solid performances, that one really really long sex scene or the fantastic soundtrack. Probably though all of those reasons combined. Needless to say i really enjoyed it and im glad its so succesfull.

3 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

I still don't actually believe that My Spy is going to open next weekend. Watch STX bump it back to next January on Tuesday.

January? Please. They'll move it to May 29 cause Artemis Fowl is the rare Disney movie these days that scares no other studios.

• Sad 1