Eric Atreides

Bond Weekend Thread | NM 42.3, NTTD 40.1

My IMAX screening for Bond was absolutely packed. I'm lucky I got there 30 minutes early, because I was stuck in the concession line for nearly the whole time. SO MANY KIDS for Peter Rabbit, they actually moved it to an extra screen this afternoon.

As always, Canada is demonstrating its awful taste in movies. 

3 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

27.5 NTTD TF

Actually pretty weak for Good Friday. Last 3 big Good Friday openers did just 2.5-2.6x True F for true FSS. Even curse of la llorona was in that range.    

So, going for a weekend in the range of 80M. 200 should happen but maybe not that much more with BW being in the same genre in the 4th weekend.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Actually pretty weak for Good Friday. Last 3 big Good Friday openers did just 2.5-2.6x True F for true FSS. Even curse of la llorona was in that range.    

So, going for a weekend in the range of 80M. 200 should happen but maybe not that much more with BW being in the same genre in the 4th weekend.

Covid impact definitely but then last film was disappointment so not really surprising.

Random thread derailment. 

There’s 3 commercial free to air TV channels in Australia. 

On at the same time right now Channel 7 has Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. Channel 9 has Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. 

On Willy Wonka Charlie opened the empty chocolate with his grandparents, I change the channel and Charlie is opening the empty chocolate with his grandparents. 

• Haha 3

from 100-110 to 80-90? Time to Flop, James Flop.

Ha. Overreact much? It’s on track to be or match the biggest opening weekend for a Bond film. If it performs exactly like Skyfall then it’s a huge success. Bond films don’t open huge but they can have amazing multipliers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s time to reveal my identity.  I am Gitesh Pandya, these are the official Friday numbers.  Deadline should confirm later.

New Mutants: 42.3m

No Time to Die: 40.1m

Trolls: World Tour: 14.3m

Mulan: 12m

Love Birds: 10.1m
Peter Rabbit 2: 7.2m

Edited by The Panda
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1