charlie Jatinder

Name & Rate the Movies/TV You've Watched.

@TwoMisfits  I binge-watched Upload on Sunday and really liked it. I'm not completely sold on the show (it got too plot-heavy in the last couple of episodes, I found the main investigation plot to be the worst part of the show, and I wished characters like the kid got more screentime) but I loved the romantic stuff and it's pretty breezy and fun show. Looking at other Greg Daniels shows, this show will probably get better rather than worse and the ending has me interested for at least another season so the first season did its job pretty well.

• Like 2

Wonder Woman: FULL PRICE

This is one the better super movies to rewatch. Just a nice Sunday movie.

I also completed my rewatch of Star Wars

Star Wars Ep 1: BORING

Star Wars Ep 2: HORRIFIC

Star Wars Ep 3: KINDA BORING but last 20 mins kinda great.

Star Wars Ep 4: a FINE adventure movie

Star Wars Ep 5: a GREAT adventure movie

Star Wars Ep 6: meh

Star Wars Ep 7: BORING and LONG

Star Wars Ep 8: BORING but last 20 mins are KINDA COOL

Star Wars Ep 9: a FINE movie, it can get boring but it’s fine.

In conclusion, Star Wars is a very long and mostly unremarkable franchise and the fact you people have been losing your minds for 40 years over this thing is fucking weird. I can go a good 20 years before I ever want hear some this music or look at a stormtrooper again. It’s ridiculous. Stop it.

Also who the fuck was this:

dj-2.jpg

This person showed up in one of these movies quite prominently and I’ve not seen or heard of him since. Is he a big deal? Why?

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Is this a Spill.com reference? 

Yep.
They’re way of grading films is great. I like that it encourages people to still at least try out a movie even if it isn’t the best thing out.

• Thanks 1

Medici season 3 - very good

Upload - very good 

My spy - cute family film

Aladdin (new one)- not bad

Lion King (new one)- fine

Rewatches

Shazam - great

Man of steel - great

Infinity War - great

End game - good

• Like 1

Runaway Train-Cool action flick from the 80s with Jon Voight and Eric Roberts. Acting is a bit over the top.

Run Silent Run Deep-Proves my theory that films set on a submarine are pretty good.  

Edited by DAR
  • Like 1

Went through all of Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted. Always like seeing Ramsay in anything, and it's fun to see him hang out with other chefs and learn more about food culture and stuff. I also learned Season 2's happening in about a month, so that's cool.

• Like 2

On 5/11/2020 at 10:04 PM, DeeCee said:

Who else randomly starts wondering why people are standing so close together on tv shows/movies?

Someone spit on someone in Defending Jacob last episode, and I was just like, 

oh my god what GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

So, yes.  Yes, others are.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

The endings of episode 7 and 8 of The Last Dance were so good. Hyped for the final 2 eps next week. Jordan was relentless. 

“He didn’t say hello.”

MJ:That’s all I needed. 

“He said hello. “

“He looked at me.”

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, DeeCee said:

“He didn’t say hello.”

“He said hello. “

“He looked at me.”

Watching a Stargate SG-1 episode. It’s been 6 days on the show and the President just called and told O’Neill that he has 24 hours to resolve the situation and end the lockdown. 

The episode is called “Lockdown”. 

• Haha 1

Justice League DARK: Apokalypse War: LOW RENTAL

DC tried to make a universe of animated movies. They Made about 10 before pulling the plug abruptly and dropping this thing to close it all. It’s essentially an Avengers knock off, but it plays out like DC fan-fiction. We throw around the “fan-fiction” insult quite a bit here, however this film includes every staple of online fan-fiction aside from the complimentary gratuitous sex scene. Cameos: check. Random and unnecessary swearing: check. Heroes turned villains: check. Writer’s OTP hookup only they care about: check. Humour they stole from The Simpsons: check. ‘Who would win’ fan fights (Harley v Lois Lane): check. Overly detailed ‘mature’ blood and gore: check. Shock romantic pairings(Constantine and King Shark):check.

THIS MOVIE IS FUCKING FASCINATING. It must be seen to be understood. If it were live action it would be amongst the worst superhero movies ever made. But it isn’t. It is, however, one of the absolute strangest.

HULU’S Solar Opposites: 6/10

It’s the new toon from the creator of Rick and Morty that isn’t Dan Harmon. It looks IDENTICAL to Rick and Morty. It’s not a creator signature style choice like the similarities between Futurama and The Simpsons. It looks 100% the same (almost like a spin off). It sounds the same. The voice acting is the same. The main character is a Rick clone. But the writing is off. The characters are not as interesting. The humour doesn’t land as often. The scifi isn’t as fun and dynamic. A couple episodes flat out suck. Look... The show is short. It’s fine, just don’t go in expecting your new favourite thing.

The Matrix

I liked it. So many other things have borrowed from this film and our understanding of tech has increased in the last 21 years making a lot of the time they spend explain stuff feel long-winded, but aside from that (and Trinity’s weird “I love you”) it was an entertaining time. It still looks great for a 21 year old film.

The First Half of Alita Battle Angel.

This movie is weird. I should like this movie more. All the pieces are here, they just don’t click with me. 

• Like 1

Saw Spaceship Earth last night in that virtual cinema thing that helps support movie theaters. Sadly wasn't into it. It felt like they spent too much time in the build-up, when what people really wanted to see were the Biosphere shenanigans. But hey, I supported my local nonprofit arthouse, so it's not a huge loss.

• Like 1