charlie Jatinder

Name & Rate the Movies/TV You've Watched.

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Rewatched 'The Crimes of Grindelwald', being super lenient, hoping may be the film will get some better but gosh the film is unlikable. All the characters are super boring & nothing at all except Hogwarts theme work in the film. IDK how the makers plan on saving the series.

Thanks for reminding me that this is on my "if I get really, really bored this month" list:)...I'm a huge Harry Potter fan, so to be a completionist, I gotta endure it as some point:)...

Miami Vice is amazing. I don't think I've ever seen an action movie like it. Instead of focusing on the plot (I still only have a broad understanding of the plot) or action, it focuses a lot more on the mood and is pretty intimate at times. The use of digital noise in the movie also somehow works. It doesn't feel ameteurish and it makes the movie feel much more raw. And the movie's cold open lived up to expectations. Not a masterpiece like I've heard a lot of people say but still a really unique and beautiful film.

• Like 2

So. Obviously. I watched this last night:

The technical difficulties in the first hour were so earnest and amazing. I felt like I was watching live theater again. (And made me want to go watch Noises Off.). 

I did not know I needed to hear Lin-Manuel Miranda singing Giants In The Sky but I clearly needed that in my life.

and THEN

ITS SOOOOOO TRUE. My audio on my feed was slightly off, so I heard Audra before I saw her and SCREAMED. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SLAM! said:

The new Netflix movie Extraction is a refreshingly earnest action film. You guys owe it to yourselves to see it!

Watch The Night Comes For Us next. Also another Netflix original and it's better than Extraction in every way. Man on Fire (which Extraction tries so hard to imitate) is also amazing if you want to watch an action film with a similar plot.

• Like 2

So, for Movies, Math, and Movement Monday, the kids and I watched Shaun the Sheep: Farmaggedon.  And it was cute...and funny...and didn't try to do too much.  A solid B (maybe B+) movie that can be watched by literally anyone.  It's a true G movie...

So, I think, with us still shut in, I'm gonna continue M&M Mondays with the kids through our regular learning year.  It's been a huge hit, and we've watched some interesting choices (since some were school choices and some were mine)...so far, we've done...

Agora (don't watch this) - I didn't pick this:)...

Secret Life of Pets 2 (only watch with kids or if you're bored)

Troy (watch if you like to see Brad Pitt) - I didn't pick this either:)...

Onward (definitely watch)

The Caine Mutiny 1954 (definitely watch)

Shaun the Sheep: Farmaggedon (watch with kids)

Now, I need 4-5 more movies:)...I think Missing Link is gonna be one of the movies, b/c well, we missed that...I might also add Abominable...then I want some old, good stuff:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

Just watched Ouija Origins of Evil and having also seen Haunting of Hill House and Doctor Sleep, it seems like Mike Flanagan really has a thing for trauma within families.

Also really liked how emotional Ouija 2 got and probably the best film out of the 2010s studio horror films I've watched over past few days (Sinister and Insidious). Have no interest in watching the first Ouija film though because it looks terrible.

• Like 1

Watched Vincente Minnelli’s Two Weeks In Another Town (Kirk Douglas, Edward G. Robinson, Cyd Charisse) — a bit dated in spots but what a great exploration of self-loathing among fallen (and falling) Hollywood legends. The same production team that did The Bad and The Beautiful, and it’s a worthy follow-up (though technically it’s not a sequel). Minnelli is so great with his color — it’s a lost art that I wish would make a reappearance in movies today.

• Like 2

My MCU rewatch has gotten up to Infinity War.

Surprises thus far: I like Winter Soldier more, now. Still not great, but I dug it.

Doctor Strange also worked better for me this time around.

Negative surprises: None of the Avengers films are good, but some have good moments.

The run from GotG to GotG2 is so rough. Only Ant-Man is good in that stretch. Strange is okay. Everything else is bad.

• Like 1

Kong Skull Island MATINEE

Sencond time seeing it. First time sober. Its def not as amazing as my first watch, but its perfectly fine entertainment

Never Have I Ever

Fun, but cliche american high school comedy. Its a quick and lite watch. I'll be back for season 2.

On 4/28/2020 at 1:56 PM, 4815162342 said:

This was reading but finished Persepolis Rising, the 7th novel in the Expanse series. Probably starting the 8th and most recent novel, Tiamat's Wrath, today

Still haven't seen the most recent season.