charlie Jatinder

Name & Rate the Movies/TV You've Watched.

I was thinking while watching it yeah, he wouldn't have come a million miles of that part if he hadn't wrote the thing. if only he cared about the project more than his own ego and gave the role to someone better suited.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

I was thinking while watching it yeah, he wouldn't have come a million miles of that part if he hadn't wrote the thing. if only he cared about the project more than his own ego and gave the role to someone better suited.

I'm through Act 1...but yes, he is one of the weakest on stage...

Not to the point he actively detracts from the play...but he's sure not adding to it...

15 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

Am watching Doctor Sleep this week.

It feels a lot like old school horror films where ths story and characters actually take the center spot and there isnt one jump scare in this film. For these aspects alone i think its a good movie because im personally tired of these typical jump scare-heavy horror films that most of the time lack substance.

Sunday means movie day. Today I went to see...

MV5BMDJjMTVhMzMtOTQwNC00MzVkLWE3YjMtMjkw

Don't sleep on The Truth. What a delightful movie with great characters and a story about families and the issues within them, and fantastic performances from all the actors. I recommend it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Sunday means movie day. Today I went to see...

MV5BMDJjMTVhMzMtOTQwNC00MzVkLWE3YjMtMjkw

Don't sleep on The Truth. What a delightful movie with great characters and a story about families and the issues within them, and fantastic performances from all the actors. I recommend it.

Who are you and what have you done with CJohn? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Plain Old Tele said:

Who are you and what have you done with CJohn? 

CJohn always liked quality cinema, what are you trying to imply? :wintf:

Edited by CJohn

Swordfish-Still ridiculous.  Still entertaining 

1776-First time watching.  Thought it was interesting a bit long.   Strange to see a musical with such a big gap between songs.  But overall I liked it

Hamilton-Very very good

The Black Hole-I know I saw it as a kid but couldn’t remember much.   Now I know why, it’s boring as hell

Old School - 9/10 - Re-watched this comedy from the director of Joker. Still holds up. One of my favorite Will Ferrell movies.

Gemini Man - 6/10 - Some cool action scenes but not much else. Might watch it high FPS if the blu-ray ever gets cheap enough. 

The Meg - 5/10 - Feels like they couldn't decide between serious thriller or over the top shark action movie. Also pretty tame for a shark movie. Jason Statham carried this to watchable status. 

Sonic. A big yawn. Not even Jim Carrey being back on his bullshit can inject some life into it. Pikachu was much much better.

July 22. I 'll still defend some of the older Greengrass docu-dramas but this one was atrocious. It would 've been bad anyway but choosing to frame this unspeakable tragedy as a simple story of good trumps evil is just so tasteless. fuck this movie.

Unfriended: Dark Web. Don't know how much life this online footage sub-sub-genre will have but atm I'm here for it. This was much better realised and got more mileage from the gimmick than the first movie, which was already decent.

Rewatch

Hot Fuzz. Probably can recite most of it from memory but it was on Netflix.

Miami Vice. Might actually be my favorite Mann. Colin and Gong Li dancing in the club still gets me weak on my knees.

Eurovision movie. This plays much better on a second viewing maybe because the songs are so earwormy maybe because it's actually quite good. I still think like most that the Will Ferell man child thing being dead centre in the movie is the weakest part, but even for Ferell this is his best moment since The Other Guys.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Joel M said:

Eurovision movie. This plays much better on a second viewing maybe because the songs are so earwormy maybe because it's actually quite good. I still think like most that the Will Ferell man child thing being dead centre in the movie is the weakest part, but even for Ferell this is his best moment since The Other Guys.

My mom was sooooo pissed Will Ferrell played the role. “He is too old! Ruins the whole movie!!”  I was like, yes, but VALCONO MAN mom. And Dan Stevens 🥰

59 minutes ago, Cap said:

My mom was sooooo pissed Will Ferrell played the role. “He is too old! Ruins the whole movie!!”  I was like, yes, but VALCONO MAN mom. And Dan Stevens 🥰

the timeline is very wonky anyway because they wanted to include the Abba contest, if anything McAdams is the one too young to play a 50 year old woman lol. I think he's fine, just that his whole comedic persona is old hat by now.

• Like 1

Michael Clayton is one of the most well-written movies from the past two decades and probably the best legal drama/thriller I've ever seen. I really enjoy the Bourne movies (except for the one Gilroy directed which I thought was below average) but I did not know Tony Gilroy is such a good writer. Really did not expect this to be an actually complex look into a conflicted and flawed person who is hurtling through a system where only the corrupt and rich win. Also, I did not expect to see Katherine Waterson and Merritt Wever in this.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 3

Based on the films I've watched this week so far and the ones I'm planning to watch, there's gonna be a lot of 10/10s this week.

Also, 25th Hour is just so powerful. Easily my favourite Spike Lee after Do the Right Thing and just like with Margaret (also starring Paquin and set in NYC), Lee manages to make a city a central character in the movie. Also, all the reddit and twitter idiots who think that David Benioff is one of the worst writers of all time or something should fuck off and watch this.

• Like 1

Week 14

04-10 Jul 2020

Movies

1. The Green Mile: Prefect mix of emotion, story and fantasy, things I loved in a film. 8/10.
  2. Doctor Sleep: It is pretty good. Plays like a blockbuster horror like IT than how The Shining did. It's sad it couldn't get that reception. 7/10
  3. Along With The Gods: Two Worlds: Well it sounded like an interesting concept but turned out to be routine story and Afterlife as whole concept was ehh. May be you need Korean sentiments to appreciate it. 3/10.
  4. Oldboy: Otherwise just good film but the whole third act take it another level of disgust and sickness. 8/10.
  5. One Cut of The Dead: The first 30 mins of the film are like what...? But hang on till the end, it really feels good. 8/10.
  6. Hateful Eight: Just WOW. How was I sleeping on it. Definitely in Top 3 QT films for me along with IB & DU. 8/10.
  7. Death Proof: Well H8 gave the motivation to complete QT filmography and well it was good. 7/10.
  8. The Fault in our Stars: I was liking it way more till Cancer comeback of Gus was revealed, nice film though. 7/10.

Movie of the Week: Hateful Eight.

• Like 2