charlie Jatinder

Name & Rate the Movies/TV You've Watched.

11 hours ago, DAR said:

Been awhile so won’t remember everything 

The Old Guard-Pretty lackluster feels like something better suited as a miniseries 

The Battle of Algiers-First time watch.  Damn good film

The Flintstones-Just some random episodes.  But still enjoyable 

Doom Patrol season 1-Shit’s weird

Never has a more accurate assessment been made:)...

The Magnificent Seven (1960) - 9.5/10 - Just epic. Great characters and villain. 

The Mechanic (1972) - 9/10 - Favorite Charles Bronson character. Just fits so well. Love the ending too. 

Breakheart Pass (1975) - 7/10 - Enjoyable enough mystery movie but a bit slow. Prop dummies getting thrown off trains is always funny. Happens twice in this. 

Death Wish (1974) - 8/10 - Charles Bronson acquires a gun and singlehandley lowers the crime rate in New York City on his revenge quest. 

• Like 3

I decided to break the routine and go to the movies today. I went to see...

MV5BYTgxOTc1ZjctZDE5Ny00OTJhLWE4NjAtYzU2

Despite being a really solid and thrilling spy movie with a great leading performance from Diane Kruger, The Operative sort of feels incomplete. The ending brings little to no closure and it feels like they just stopped filming because they ran out of budget. Overall I will still liked it enough to be worthy the trip to the movie theater.

So I just rewatched the first three Pirate movies on a lark.

#1: Shocking, excellent.  Really holds up.  And gosh darn, that score is such a banger.  

#2: This isn't a movie.  This is a series of set pieces. Even if the last twenty minutes are blast.

#3. Way too much plot (cause the second one didn't have enough), but FUN.  It also might be #2 was so bad that #3 just seemed auto improvement.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Succession filled the Veep void (even has a tall af character who's just a meme like in Veep) I've had since it ended last year. Watched the first episode a while ago but couldn't get into it. But the show really picks up from episode 2. A really, really funny show that has you interested even if you're rooting against the characters multiple times. Really helps that although all these characters are pathetic pieces of shits, they feel real and also are absolutely hilarious. Peep Show, also created by Jesse Armstrong, and Veep, which Armstrong was involved with, are my two favourite comedy shows of all time so I'm not surprised I loved this show. Also great to see J Smith Cameron in something new (a Margaret reunion with Kieran Culkin too and they even have a (weird and sexual) relationship in this show). 

I do hope that they have more stuff about Jeremy Strong's character and his relationship with his ex-wife and his kids since there's little development in the first season and they're non-existent in the 2nd season (his kids show up once in S2 but that's it).

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

. Watched the first episode a while ago but couldn't get into it. But the show really picks up from episode 2.

That nice to know ! (I stopped after episode 1 last year), would give it a second chance.

• Like 1

Watched Hamilton until the intermission today and this was basically my reaction :

unknown.png

Sung-through musicals aren't my thing (I didn't really know it was one) and even ignoring its incredibly shallow politics (especially for something touted as a progressive play), I just found every character to be really undeveloped, the entire structure feels like a mess, and they tried way too hard to make Hamilton look like some badass (makes sense though considering that Miranda wrote it). Some catchy and nicely written music I guess but I don't care for a single character and am not really enjoying the show so far. 

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Today I went to the movies to see...

arkansas_ver4.jpg

A Tarantino/Coen Brothers wannabe crime flick that has some style and cool vibes and characters, but it is still far away from the best of the genre. An entertaining movie notheless.

• Like 2

after some time binging, I finally found a film from the 40s that would go down as one of my all-time favorites, The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948). Bogart's character transformation was a sight to behold and it's one of the best looking films (that I've seen) from that era. The restoration looks really good imo.

also the people who said Spike Lee took a lot of influence from this for Da 5 Bloods weren't kidding lol. 

rest of the week has been pretty great too 

awase232.png

• Like 2

18 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Watched Hamilton until the intermission today and this was basically my reaction :

unknown.png

Finished it and yeah, felt the exact same. There's some interesting stuff about history and legacy (sprinkled throught the play and explored more explicitly in the last 5-10 minutes) I guess but I can't believe I'm saying this but I enjoyed watching Sonic more than this.

Spoiler

The Philip death scene was hilarious. Miranda was so bad in that scene (his fake crying face was just lol). 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 1:46 AM, lorddemaxus said:

Succession filled the Veep void (even has a tall af character who's just a meme like in Veep) I've had since it ended last year. Watched the first episode a while ago but couldn't get into it. But the show really picks up from episode 2. A really, really funny show that has you interested even if you're rooting against the characters multiple times. Really helps that although all these characters are pathetic pieces of shits, they feel real and also are absolutely hilarious. Peep Show, also created by Jesse Armstrong, and Veep, which Armstrong was involved with, are my two favourite comedy shows of all time so I'm not surprised I loved this show. Also great to see J Smith Cameron in something new (a Margaret reunion with Kieran Culkin too and they even have a (weird and sexual) relationship in this show). 

I do hope that they have more stuff about Jeremy Strong's character and his relationship with his ex-wife and his kids since there's little development in the first season and they're non-existent in the 2nd season (his kids show up once in S2 but that's it).

Best show on TV right now. Jeremy Strong is absolutely spectacular, especially in that party scene at the end of S1, there's so much internal pain that he's projecting so magnificently

I'd recommend Peep Show too, another Jesse Armstrong joint, if you haven't seen it yet

Edited by TMP
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, TMP said:

Best show on TV right now. Jeremy Strong is absolutely spectacular, especially in that party scene at the end of S1, there's so much internal pain that he's projecting so magnificently

I'd recommend Peep Show too, another Jesse Armstrong joint, if you haven't seen it yet

As I say in my post, Peep Show is one of my favourite comedy shows of all time. 

• Like 1