charlie Jatinder

Name & Rate the Movies/TV You've Watched.

Rewatched Stranger Things. 

It's not that appealing anymore. (Maybe because Dark Netflix is better than this.) 

Hopper is still really good. 

Robin and Steve storyline did stand out in ST3. 

S2 is the worst. Also, Teenage romance is cringe. 

S1   7/10

S2   4/10

S3   6/10

I would love to have new storyline in S4. ST has become very predictable. 

• Like 1

Watched Howard on D+. It's easily gotten lost in becoming empires for Disney (spawning everything from merchandise to theme park attractions to TV shows to DTV sequels to Broadway adaptations to blockbuster live-action remakes) that these movies actually have origin stories as to how they came to be the iconic classics that saved Disney and helped shape them in becoming the unstoppable juggernaut they are today, and this documentary gives the spotlight to the man who made it all possible and the tragedy of his loss of life to AIDS at 40. Also allows us to see these movies/songs in a new way (never considered before that "The Mob Song" from Beauty and the Beast could just as easily be an anthem for homophobes). Could've been more insightful than it ultimately is, and it's too bad Little Shop of Horrors is given so little attention (though that's likely due to rights issues). But as a tribute to a genius taken from us far too soon whose contributions have endured over the last 30 years and will continue to do so for another 30 more and beyond, it's as effective as any.

• Like 2

Week 18

01-08 Aug 2020

Movies

1. Rain Man: This was on my watch list for long time, finally watched it and it's quite good though not as good as I had heard about it. 7/10.

TV

1. Mr. Robot: Took a break from movies this week and binged Mr. Robot. Rami Malek is a great actor. Loved him. 407 and 405 are absolutely great. Liked Season 1 the best followed by Season 4. 8/10.
  • Like 2

I am on vacations bitches, which means supporting theaters all day every day. Today I went to see...

MV5BNWYyMzNjY2EtODVmYi00ODBmLWIyNGMtNDdh

A stunning technical marvel with a fantastic direction by Rod Lurie, The Outpost never lets go. It is an intense, ruthless and visceral experience that I can't imagine having the same impact watched on a small TV. This is a real theatrical experience and a must see movie from 2020.

The other movie I went to see was...

740438?tp=KM

Ok, nobody cares or knows what this is, but whatever. A Impossibilidade de Estar Só is a small portuguese movie with just two actors on screen, portuguese rising talents Bruna Quintas and Laura Dutra, and tells a very personal story of friendship and love and what we are capable of doing for the one we love. It was sweet and I liked it quite a bit.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Isn't that like the whole show though? 

Some of the individual storylines are good. 

Hopper is brilliant and so is Steve. Really liked Robin in 3rd season. It's mostly the kids that have become annoying over the seasons. Doing same thing again and again. 

• Like 1