charlie Jatinder

Name & Rate the Movies/TV You've Watched.

Movies:

Karate Kid - 7/10. 

The Mexican - 9/10. James Gandolfini's performance is just perfect (brought me to tears once even) and I really enjoyed Verbinski's eccentrities here. Felt like this weird mix of a Soderbergh and Coen brothers movie. Really wish Verbinski does something like this again.

TV:

The Boys Episode 5 - Another really, really boring episode where it feels like nothing happens. The writers should really think about focusing on a few characters each episode instead of all of them.

Cobra Kai Season 1 - One of the most cliche pieces of garbage I've seen in a long time. I really do not get what a lot of people see in it, espescially when 60% of the show is just terrible high-school romance.

Lost (rewatch) - Started watching this again and this time I'm watching it with my parents. And I'm really surprised by how I'm still enjoying the show eventhough it's not even been 6 months since I last watched it. The pilot is one of the most exhilirating pieces of TV ever imo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Movies:

Karate Kid - 7/10. 

The Mexican - 9/10. James Gandolfini's performance is just perfect (brought me to tears once even) and I really enjoyed Verbinski's eccentrities here. Felt like this weird mix of a Soderbergh and Coen brothers movie. Really wish Verbinski does something like this again.

TV:

The Boys Episode 5 - Another really, really boring episode where it feels like nothing happens. The writers should really think about focusing on a few characters each episode instead of all of them.

Cobra Kai Season 1 - One of the most cliche pieces of garbage I've seen in a long time. I really do not get what a lot of people see in it, espescially when 60% of the show is just terrible high-school romance.

Lost (rewatch) - Started watching this again and this time I'm watching it with my parents. And I'm really surprised by how I'm still enjoying the show eventhough it's not even been 6 months since I last watched it. The pilot is one of the most exhilirating pieces of TV ever imo.

Guess cobra kai just ain't your thing  bruh which is fine.

I know none of you watched Tumbbad, I hope you do this week. Here is my second recommendation.

THAPPAD 

Literally means Slap. Yesterday it was nominated for Best Film in Asian Awards along with Parasite. Best film of year so far for me.

It is available on Prime. Do watch it. I am sharing the trailer, but dont watch it.

https://www.primevideo.com/detail/Thappad/0OO5G0JC9V73V3YOZ3230ONZTN

41 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

I know none of you watched Tumbbad, I hope you do this week. Here is my second recommendation.

THAPPAD 

Literally means Slap. Yesterday it was nominated for Best Film in Asian Awards along with Parasite. Best film of year so far for me.

It is available on Prime. Do watch it. I am sharing the trailer, but dont watch it.

https://www.primevideo.com/detail/Thappad/0OO5G0JC9V73V3YOZ3230ONZTN

lol this just reminds me of this hilarious show:

On 9/21/2020 at 9:37 PM, Liiviig 1998 said:

Guess cobra kai just ain't your thing  bruh which is fine.

You know what? I've changed my mind. Finished season 2 and the high school drama is still cringe CW shit but I'm actually interested in the adult conflict now and I think the final 5 episodes are pretty good. 

Week 25

19-25 September 2020

Movies

1. Blade Runner 2049: This film is a beauty. Liked it much better than the first one. 7/10.
  2. Enemy: I thought this is weakest  of Denis from the reception, but I absolutely loved it. Second fav after Prisoners. 8/10.
  3. Maleficent: Mistress of Evil: Gave it a chance, not unwatchable. 3/10.
  4. Psycho: So I started Hitchcock films, this was awesome. Though the final twist was easy to guess due to amount of films made on multiple personality disorder in past, but I am sure, back then it would have been pretty novel. 8/10.

TV

1. The Boys S02E06: Yet another downer. This season is going nowhere.
  • Like 3

On 9/23/2020 at 2:32 PM, lorddemaxus said:

You know what? I've changed my mind. Finished season 2 and the high school drama is still cringe CW shit but I'm actually interested in the adult conflict now and I think the final 5 episodes are pretty good. 

The adult storylines are what keep me interested. I’m ridiculously invested in Daniel and Johnny hopefully becoming friends. The episode in season 1 where they go for drinks and the double date restaurant episode in season 2 were both joyous. Watching them bounce off each other is great.

I get why the kids are there (and the school fight in season 2 was great), but it’s all about the adults for me.

• Like 1

No movies last week (I did forget to mention I watched Devil All the Time the week before last and it was ass, 3/10)

TV Shows:

Cobra Kai Season 2: Took the final 5 episodes for me to actually start enjoying the show. As @SnokesLegs said, the adult drama and the conflict between Daniel and Johnny is the only thing that's keeping me interested. The reunion episode was also pretty good eventhough it was pretty clear what would happen at the end (older people remiscing about their life is one of my favourite tropes too).

Ted Lasso: Watched the first 4 episodes and it's very rare to see this kind of lighthearted, optimistic adult comedy (only other one I can think of is The Good Place) so I found this really refreshing and a lot of fun to watch. Also the tone is a lot more quiet and subdued than I expected. Only problem I'd say is that every Brit is a caricature (you hear "wanker" even minute of the show lol) but it's a comedy so doesn't really bother me too much.

Lovecraft Country Episode 5: This was fun body horror episode. This show honestly feels kinda like a Ryan Murphy show but unlike Murphy, the writers here actually know a lot of the shit that happens here is completely bonkers and have fun with it. Not really a show I'd watch seriously and I think the writers know this too.

Lost (rewatch): Still on season 1 and the Hurley episode has been my favourite episode since the pilot so far.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2020 at 7:45 AM, The Panda said:

Me ascending while listening to Sufjan's The Ascension

ceb55054157549.59505faa0a70c.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=17739196

tenor.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=8371093

11/10 fucking phenomenal.  

I really need to get to listening to this. It's just that if I'm listening to Sufjan music, I can't do anything else so I need to specifically allocate some time of the day to listen to the album lol.

• Like 1

Just rewatched The Haunting (1963) in Cap's Screening Room. I hadn't seen it in like 20 years. It's such a great movie, wonderful atmosphere, tremendous production design, set decoration, editing, and direction. It's like a mini-film school on how to build suspense and tension through sound design, framing, and pacing.

• Like 1