charlie Jatinder

Name & Rate the Movies/TV You've Watched.

watched this weeks two new netflix movies. LOVED Passing up there as one of the best of the year Rebecca Hall killed this shit lowkey she's having an incredible year with the best direction of the year, maybe my favourite performance of the year in The Night House and she got to be king kong's buddy who says "kong bows to no one" in GvK. all good stuff.

also watched Red Notice which.... i did not love. they never really figure out a good comedic dynamic between the rock and reynolds and no noteworthy action setpieces either so it's a slog. gal gadot playing mischievous is pretty hot though.

• Like 2

Finally watched No Time to Die. Really enjoyed this one. I’d say second to CR, just ahead of Skyfall. 

The only thing Skyfall did better was the climax. I thought maybe it would be a bit bigger in NTTD. Still a solid ending but I liked Skyfall’s better.   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

First episode of Arcane was intriguing and I'm interested in continuing despite knowing nothing about League of Legends. But what stands out the most is how amazing the animation looks.

I know nothing about League of Legends as well and I'm all in on this show at the end of Act 1. One of the biggest TV surprises this year for me. 

• Like 1

the harder they fall is pretty decent. i thought it was too glossy idk every set and costume was very clean. kinda dragged in spots but the shoot out at the end was awesome. good cast mvp was lakeith extending his run as the best actor of his generation no one else in his age group is coming close. though i do always like jonathan majors whenever i see him but he hasn't wowed me yet.

• Like 2

Last season of Narcos: Mexico was a big letdown. It's been such a consistent show up until now, but this season just felt drag-ass and anti-climactic. Too many slow, uninteresting storylines that didn't have anything to do with the main story. I guess there was a new showrunner this year so that's probably why. Lame.

The French Dispatch was fun, not my favorite Wes Anderson movie though. Mostly enjoyed it on a visual level, which honestly is usually the case the first time I watch one of his movies.

Other than that been binging It's Always Sunny (I swear this show ages like a fine wine, old episodes still make me laugh my ass off and there's so many to choose from) and watching NBA.

• Like 2

Got to see Unforgiven in theatres for the first time, still a breathtaking film and an all timer.

They also played a 20 minute Eastwood retrospective featurette which was nice but was also clearly made before Cry Macho because it ended by promoting his new film. I don’t know why WB decided to do this series of Eastwood rereleases months after CM came out but oh well.

• Like 3

Red Notice - B+

I’ll admit it, I rather enjoyed it overall. I thought it was quite funny and I liked the dynamic between Johnson and Reynolds. Gadot was pretty good as well. She did good with the humor. 

Not sure why they didn’t just make it R rated and actually hit some people with all those bullets that were flying around the screen lol

• Like 1

MOVIES

Venom 2 (7/10) :enjoyed this as much as the first. bromance btn eddie and venom lifts the movie and
the short run time really helps because all the issues the first one had are also evident here.

NTTD (7/10 😞 sort of dissapointed by this. Runtime was way too long, villian was just there and wasn't developed that just kind
Of lowered tension In the third act.

Eternals : 6/10

Transformers 1 rewatch. 8/10

Transformers 2 rewatch 6.5/10.

Television

Arcane -6eps (9.2/10): yeah believe the hype this is really shaping to be one of the surprises of the year.
Episode 3 is one of the best episodes of television of 2021. Beautiful animation, really strong and relatable characters, Good worbuilding and production design. Highly recommend. 

Nancy drew S1: 8.5/10

The wire S1 : 8.5/10

Edited by Liiviig 1998
  • Like 3

Hmm. Long time.

October

Movies

1. Qismat 2 - Unfortunate. Almost being a rehash of first one, the light first half was good but the tragic second half feels really dragged and sort of forced unlike first film where it came naturally. Editing is poor, the film is already dragging and then there are establishing shots of actors coming in frame. Music is good, but that was already out online.
    This was my first cinema visit after 577 days, don't think I am going back soon. 4/10.
  2. Chehre - 3/10
  3. Knives Out (Rewatch) - 9/10
  4. Host (2021) - 5/10
  5. Jinne Jamme Saare Nikkame - 3/10
  6. Halloween (1978) - 4/10
  7. Halloween (2018) - 3/10
  8. Halloween Kills (2021) - 1/10
  9. Sardar Udham - The movie isn't perfect but is probably most authentic British India era movie made.  Based on Jallianwala Massacre, in which British fired over thousands of peaceful protestors in a closed garden. 6/10.
  10. Dune - Its great visually and scale, but if only that was enough. Can see enjoying it better with Part 2. 6/10
  11. Titane - I watched it to see a movie about woman getting pregnant after sex with Car otherwise completely unaware. Now that's among lesser weird things in this. 7/10.
  12. Jatt and Juliet 2 (Rewatch)Revisited one of the biggest local blockbuster here. 6/10.
  13. Ardaas (Rewatch) - Being a faith based movie, it does get preachy & overly optimist but the direction is what feel lost most of the time, especially in 3rd act. That said, there are many heart touching moments. 4/10

Series

1. Succession S03 - I guess this just works better with episodic viewing than binge watching. Liking this season better than previous two, though I can sense that quality is of same level as previous season.
  • Like 3

Red Notice:

This movie was just barely entertaining enough to keep me from turning it off, mostly for Dwayne and Ryan.  It is overall a bit disappointing because with just a little more effort in the script, it could've been quite good.  Like, some of the twists were really lame. 

Also, if you're gonna spend 200 million dollars on a streaming release, why hold back on PG-13?  Its not like you gotta worry about boxoffice.  This movie could've been benefited greatly from some R-rated humor and violent gags.

• Like 2

On 11/18/2021 at 5:49 AM, Liiviig 1998 said:

Television

Nancy drew S1: 8.5/10

Someone else has enjoyed "my childhood passion" show (as a kid, I read every book from the early 1900s through the 2000s:)...I'm not sure I'd rate the tv series quite as high, but I watch it every week, so it's got me hooked:)...

Edited by TwoMisfits

22 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Red Notice:

This movie was just barely entertaining enough to keep me from turning it off, mostly for Dwayne and Ryan.  It is overall a bit disappointing because with just a little more effort in the script, it could've been quite good.  Like, some of the twists were really lame. 

Also, if you're gonna spend 200 million dollars on a streaming release, why hold back on PG-13?  Its not like you gotta worry about boxoffice.  This movie could've been benefited greatly from some R-rated humor and violent gags.

I thought the same about the rating. Think of all the great nasty jokes that could have came from Reynolds during that whole prison sequence lol

Does Anyone else have a backlog of stuff they need to get to?

I need to get through:

Bruised

Venom 2 

King Richard

Last Night in Soho

Spencer

Mortal Kombat Animation 2

He-Man Part 2

Hit Monkey

Raging Fire

Ratchet and Clank PS5

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AJG said:
Spoiler

Does Anyone else have a backlog of stuff they need to get to?

I need to get through:

Bruised

Venom 2 

King Richard

Last Night in Soho

Spencer

Mortal Kombat Animation 2

He-Man Part 2

Hit Monkey

Raging Fire

Ratchet and Clank PS5

Yeah I've got a huge workload these last couple of weeks/leading up to Christmas and I like to properly sit down and watch stuff. 

I'd like to get around to these but I'm worried the list is just going to grow. 

Passing

Tick Tick Boom 

King Richard

Hit Monkey

Wheel of Time 

Hawkeye 

Scenes From a Marriage (2021) 

The Power of the Dog 

Cowboy Bebop (2021) 

Pig 

Val

Big Mouth S5 

No Sudden Move

It's a Sin 

• Like 2

THE KING

The definition of a movie thats watchable but you won't remember 5 days later.   Timothee Chalamet is doing pretty much his exact same stoic thing here he did in DUNE.  Also, can somebody please get that man a cheeseburger or something and tell him to start lifting?  Hes built like a 10 year old.  I don't know what Robert Pattinson was doing but hes the only memorable part of the movie.  And holy shit, the medieval armor in this movie did not look real AT ALL... its stunning just how plastic and clean most of it looked.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 9:24 PM, TwoMisfits said:

Someone else has enjoyed "my childhood passion" show (as a kid, I read every book from the early 1900s through the 2000s:)...I'm not sure I'd rate the tv series quite as high, but I watch it every week, so it's got me hooked:)...

I wouldn't call the best either but for a CW show it surprised me. Horror elements were suprisingly well done in this and the mystery was sprinkled out pretty well with some nice plot twists that and one I really didn't see coming.

The CW  content is so bad this days so it's good to get a decent show.

• Like 1

Arcane 9.5/10. Yeah it stuck the landing .One  of the  top shows of 2021.

Wheel of time (4 eps )first two episodes were rushed, the third was better. Four was fantastic.

Outlander S1 - 8/10

MOVIES

Transformers 3 rewatch - 8/10

Transformers 4 (7/10).Human side was bad especially the daughter's boyfriend who made me cringe. But the transformers and lockdown plot was serviceable enough.

• Like 4

Beasts of No Nation

I remember when this came out and all the buzz it got, but for some reason never watched it even though its a Netflix film.  Unfortunately, I found this to be very underwhelming slog from pretty much start to finish.   Having a little kid be the main character and extras with dicks out/balls hanging just didn't do it for me.   Blood Diamond tackled similar subject matter far better.   Idris Elba is good in it, but thats about it for me.

C-