charlie Jatinder

Name & Rate the Movies/TV You've Watched.

16 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm holding off watching the new season of Westworld until it's done in two weeks. I don't think the second season was a total loss like a lot of people did, but HBO's hopes for it becoming their next Game of Thrones or Sopranos level of phenomenon are gone.

I think a big problem is also the garbage action. As good as the production value of the show is great, the action is utter shit compared to the stuff in GoT (which I haven't seen but I've seen a couple of the battles). Even in Season 3, the action is just really wonky and slow.

10 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

A couple of the episodes were extremely anxiety-inducing.

Finale was good, but it covered a huuuuuuuuge amount of ground. Probably should have been done as two eps.

Yeah, I agree the finale was rushed and felt a bit anticlimatic. 

Advanced issue found

Spoiler

I think they were trying to make parallels to this year's presidential elections too with that epilogue but I think it could have had a stronger finish.

Zoe Kazan deserves an Emmy nomination though. Some amazing moments with her this episode (especially the phone call with Sheldon) and she's been my favourite actor throught the show.

Rewatched Prisoner Of Azkaban, barring the fact that its titled Harry Potter & Patronus sequence in third act, which also was drived by Hermione , it's a Hermione film 🤗.

Harry was clueless most of the time in the film, it was Hermione saving the day.

Till date, I am not able to rank Harry Potter films in any order except Deathly Hallows having the finale factor giving edge over others. All of them feels same to me. Excellent.

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, filmlover said:

I'm holding off watching the new season of Westworld until it's done in two weeks. I don't think the second season was a total loss like a lot of people did, but HBO's hopes for it becoming their next Game of Thrones or Sopranos level of phenomenon are gone.

The ratings are a bit sad but understandable: they lost the star of the #2 movie at the box office in 2020...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

The ratings are a bit sad but understandable: they lost the star of the #2 movie at the box office in 2020...

Teddy was the best character in the show too.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Which is why Mrs. America will conquer at the Emmys!

I wouldn't be against this. Based on the episodes I've seen, it might be the best miniseries I've seen since Chernobyl.

Edited by lorddemaxus

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

I wouldn't be against this. Based on the episodes I've seen, it might be the best miniseries I've seen since Chernobyl.

I'm very much looking forward to the Mrs. America vs. Watchmen vs. Hollywood vs. Unbelievable vs. I Know This Much Is True showdown in the Limited Series category.

Just now, filmlover said:

I'm very much looking forward to the Mrs. America vs. Watchmen vs. Hollywood vs. Unbelievable vs. I Know This Much Is True showdown in the Limited Series category.

Forgot about Unbelievable which was incredible too. Plot Against America also has a chance of getting in I think. Yeah, this year's Limited Series race is gonna be pretty good.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Forgot about Unbelievable which was incredible too. Plot Against America also has a chance of getting in I think. Yeah, this year's Limited Series race is gonna be pretty good.

I doubt The Plot Against America gets in unless one of Hollywood or I Know This Much Is True flop, buzz has been quiet and HBO has bigger priorities (IKTMIT, Watchmen), plus the Emmys don't seem to have too much love for David Simon (you have to go back to the 90s to find the last program of his to get acting noms, for instance).

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

speaking of mini-series at the Emmys, Netflix is releasing Hollywood and the Eddy (Damien Chazelle limited series) one week from each other next month, and they will both contend in the same categories at the Emmys.

The Eddy doesn't look like it's gonna go very far tbh. In that same boat where Netflix has bigger priorities (Hollywood and Unbelievable).

9 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

speaking of mini-series at the Emmys, Netflix is releasing Hollywood and the Eddy (Damien Chazelle limited series) one week from each other next month, and they will both contend in the same categories at the Emmys.

After that godawful trailer, The Eddy seems like a dump to me. It's created and written by Jack Thorne who seems like a pretty mediocre writer too. Damien Chazelle directing just the first two episodes isn't going to carry the show to awards success.

Once I finish the second season of Twin Peaks this week I'm going to dip into some of the miniseries that have been discussed here. Mrs. America, Devs, The Plot Against America and The Last Dance are ones I'm eager to check out, as well as those premiering next month.

Better Call Saul had its penultimate season finale last night and to think I resisted watching this show for 4 years makes me feel shameful. I binged the first four seasons in a month last year, and somehow the most recent set of episodes might trump everything that came before. I never imagined that I would feel as tense watching an entry in the Breaking Bad universe as I did when the original show was wrapping up, but there were moments in the past 3 episodes of BCS that had my heart pounding. Kim Wexler ranks alongside Ruth Langmore and Kendall Roy as my favorite characters on current TV series and I sincerely hope Rhea Seehorn gets the recognition she thoroughly deserves from Emmy voters this year. If fans of Breaking Bad here haven't watched Better Call Saul, you've got 2 years in all likelihood to get on board before the final season. It'll be worth it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I doubt The Plot Against America gets in unless one of Hollywood or I Know This Much Is True flop, buzz has been quiet and HBO has bigger priorities (IKTMIT, Watchmen), plus the Emmys don't seem to have too much love for David Simon (you have to go back to the 90s to find the last program of his to get acting noms, for instance).

If Zoe Kazan at least doesn't swing an Emmy nod out of this it will be a shame. Her work in the finale was terrific.

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

If Zoe Kazan at least doesn't swing an Emmy nod out of this it will be a shame. Her work in the finale was terrific.

That category unfortunately might be too stacked for her to have a chance. Blanchett, King, and Wever are all locks, Washington and Witherspoon are easy "name-check" nominees, and Dever has the "rising star" card going for her.

Edited by filmlover

Mortal Kombat Animated Movie: HIGH MATINEE

It's so short that the story is rushed. Characters come and go. But the action, the pacing, and the fact it doesnt take itself that seriously makes for a fun watch. Easily my favourite video game movie, but that bar is low.

Also the action is fucking brutal. I was squirming in my seat watching this thing. It's gore is done brilliantly. 

f443ac0e4ad9e3a5b5dc52fde142abe80875b2cc

Edited by AJG

TV

(Netflix) Castlevania Season 3: Pretty good season but felt like filler. The action scenes and animation are still top notch. 7.5/10

(Netflix/ESPN) The Last Dance Episodes 1-2: Great start so far. Enjoyed a Pippen focused episode. 

Video-games

(PS4) Control: Enjoyed the characters, atmosphere and gameplay with the powers but the ending felt abrupt and the side missions were lacking. Also lots of reading with the collectibles. 8/10

Empire Series Finale: DISASTER

So the story is that they had to shut down production before the last one and a half episodes were filmed. They used footage from the second to last ep in order resolve the intended cliffhanger for this ep. 

If it wasnt for the fact that this show plummeted in popularity midway through season 2 then this finale would easily be considered one of the worst of all time. It's a really sad end for a show that was once a bloody phenomenom.

The Call of The Wild: HIGH MATINEE

A pleasant movie throughout. Very silly throughout. A very good sunday afternoon feature.