DeeCee

Coronavirus Movie Theatre Reopening Thread | Release Date Changes/Production News | Theaters are dead. Long live streaming!

8 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

And there's a reason for it:

https://deadline.com/2020/06/scoob-hbo-max-release-1202962985/

Apparently, it did 40% worse than Trolls 2, and considering that Trolls didn't even generate profits at all, I'd say that this must have lose a big money for Warner. 

Looks like they had a number of exhibition partners in that article, could’ve offset some costs. Slightly bigger international box office for Scoob too. 

19 minutes ago, The Horror of Lucas Films said:

And there's a reason for it:

https://deadline.com/2020/06/scoob-hbo-max-release-1202962985/

Apparently, it did 40% worse than Trolls 2, and considering that Trolls didn't even generate profits at all, I'd say that this must have lose a big money for Warner. 

Trolls 2 certainly generated a profit though.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Not sure about it, I'm pretty sure it will be up on the air:

It also may surprise many people that despite NBCU's boast that the Trolls sequel has scored almost $100 million domestically from the on-demand release, the movie is still millions in the red and, in the opinion of some industry veterans, may never make a dime. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/trolls-world-tour-stars-want-pay-but-will-studio-make-any-money-1293394

Forbes is also doubtful:

Meanwhile, for Trolls: World Tour, this PVOD revenue stream may be “one and done.” So Trolls: World Tour may or may not actually profit in the end.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2020/04/28/is-universal-and-dreamworks-trolls-world-tour-with-anna-kendrick-and-justin-timberlake-profitible-complicated-question/#6902f31272af

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

It seems unlikely. Trolls 2 was very front loaded on VOD, despite being a family movie.
Universal celebrated the numbers very early and forgot to wait for the impacts of piracy.
Films direct to the home market lose part of their value in auxiliary markets too.

• Thanks 1

Seeing that Trolls 2 is letting my cheapo 2nd run theater show the movie this weekend, they are still looking for money outside of the VOD stream...

• Thanks 2

Trolls 2 had sold 200,000 units in the UK and has been #1 for 6 weeks, but I don’t think we got the premium VOD. It’s had a small cinema release. 

1 hour ago, Krissykins said:

Trolls 2 had sold 200,000 units in the UK and has been #1 for 6 weeks, but I don’t think we got the premium VOD. It’s had a small cinema release. 

It definitely had PVOD in the UK back in April, I remember seeing it listed on Amazon Prime as a “Home Premiere” for £15.99 along with quite a few ads for it on Sky where it was offered for rent on Sky Store.

2020 Villain List Update 

#1-Jim Carrey's Doctor Robotnik (Sonic The Hedgehog)

Runner Up-Russell Crowe's Road Rage Motorist (Unhinged)

3. Miles (The Turning)

Russell Crowe's villain is terrifying, no doubt, but I felt there was a huge deficit in charisma, in comparison to Jim Carrey's Robotnik. A great villain is a little psychotic, violent, but also has to have the gift of gab too 😂! The weak dialogue in Crowe's script couldn't match the radiancy of Carrey's performance 😂

2019:

#1-Jake Gyllenhaal's Quentin Beck (Spider-Man: Far From Home)

Runner Up-Palpatine (Star Wars 9)

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 6:19 PM, Ryan Reynolds said:

There would be huge backlash if another movie goes to D+ asking $30 premium. Yes, Disney can get away with it, but with D+ offerings so bad compared to competitors, i would expect class action law suits after they locked a bunch into 3 year deals. 

Yeah, even Disney cannot break contracts without severe legal consquences.

And I think there is a real mental barrier for many people. to paying 30 bucks for a streaming movie anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Lol, right in time for Tenet. I'm guessing NY (except for NYC likely) will open next month too.

• Like 2

I find it the colour banding imposed by California was like a parent's treat to their kids San Francisco and San Diego are the ones that received the treat because they fight well the virus.

"want to see movie in cinema?" "Go and clean up the virus first!" 

Anyway, Currently, 38 of the 58 counties (including Los Angeles and Orange), with 87% of the state’s population, are in the “purple” tier or “widespread” tier.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Yeah, even Disney cannot break contracts without severe legal consquences.

And I think there is a real mental barrier for many people. to paying 30 bucks for a streaming movie anyway.

What part of which contract would they be breaking by offering movie on D+ in PVOD ?