DeeCee

Coronavirus Movie Theatre Reopening Thread | Release Date Changes/Production News | Theaters are dead. Long live streaming!

Queensland (Australia) has announced from midday, 1st June cinemas can open with a maximum of 20 people per theatre. (among many other things with restrictions being eased more and more - including statewide travel and holidaying - up till we had been restricuted on distance travelled and no staying elsewhere).  borders remain closed however.

• Like 1

Weekly Update :-

I have marked films which were previously listed as wide that are now listed limited in the list with a *limited* tag (including Greenland which has now returned to it's original June date (i think it's going the way of VOD now).  also noted Irresistible has been added to the schedule in late June for a wide release ? Lastly, what about love hass been delayed to Feb 2021 out of late September.

Wide Releases (according to BOM) -

next on calender

June 12, 2020 - Greenland (STX) *Limited*

June 26, 2020 - Irresistible (Focus)

July 1, 2020 - Unhinged (Solstice)

July 17, 2020 - Tenet (Warner Bros)

July 24, 2020 - Mulan (Disney) *Limited*

July 31, 2020 - untitled A24 film (A24)

August 7, 2020 - Trump Card (Cloudburst)

August 7, 2020 - The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run (Paramount)

August 7, 2020 - The Empty Man (Fox)

August 14, 2020 - Wonder Woman 1984 (Warner Bros)

August 14, 2020 - The One and only Ivan (Disney)

August 14, 2020 - Fatima *Limited*

August 21, 2020 - Bill & Ted Face the Music (United Artists)

August 21, 2020 - Antebellum (Lionsgate)

August 21, 2020 - Let him go (Focus)

August 28, 2020 - The New Mutants (Fox) *Limited*

September 4, 2020 - A Quiet Place Part II (Paramount)

September 4, 2020 - Honest Thief

September 4, 2020 - Monster Hunter (Screen Gems)

September 11, 2020 - The Conjuring: The Devel made me do it (Warner Bros)

September 11, 2020 - Infidel

September 18, 2020 - The King's Man (Fox)

September 25, 2020 - Candyman (Universal) *Limited*

• Like 1
On 5/29/2020 at 5:59 PM, Ryan Reynolds said:

"Classic"

Are some of those options ironic? Also, yes, zombie plague apocalypse movies are perfect to reopen cinemas. Can we have WB team-up for an I Am Legend/ World War Z double feature?

9 hours ago, reddevil19 said:

"Classic"

Are some of those options ironic? Also, yes, zombie plague apocalypse movies are perfect to reopen cinemas. Can we have WB team-up for an I Am Legend/ World War Z double feature?

Warner’s could go one further.  Contagion?

• Like 2
On 5/31/2020 at 4:17 AM, reddevil19 said:

"Classic"

I would go back further;"THe Ten Commandments" would be a real trip to see on a big screen.

Cinemas in The Netherlands reopened yesterday. Lot of ‘sold out’ showings. Big chains are showing Harry Potter marathons, Inception, 1917, etc. Art House cinemas have more or less the same offerings as in March.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Bangkok, Thailand

MQYYXL5DN5CUZBPZUBSEDZFS5Y.jpg

People drink soft-drinks as they practice social distancing during a movie at the Paragon Cineplex movie theater in Bangkok, Thailand, Monday, June 1, 2020. Thai authorities allowed movie theater and other businesses to reopen, selectively easing restrictions against the coronavirus.

Edited by MrGlass2
3 hours ago, shayhiri said:

I can not see a thread about the anarchy that has been going on in the US right now?

Why - after the Covid thread has 700 pages? Do you think this is less dangerous?

It's in the classic conversations thread right now...if you'd like to follow, that would be the place to go.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, shayhiri said:

I can not see a thread about the anarchy that has been going on in the US right now?

Why - after the Covid thread has 700 pages? Do you think this is less dangerous?

This implies we want your input.

• Like 1
  • Not Cool 1

“In a setting where we’re not talking, we’re just passively breathing and wearing masks, it might be a safer bet than a noisy, crowded bar. At movie theaters, if you’re not eating popcorn, you’re just sitting there with your mask on.” - Jade Finn, Johns Hopkins Medicine

Finally, more scientists talking about cinemas in particular...cautious optimism that's even making me slightly more at ease with the prospect of Tenet OW IMAX 70mm. The more we get opinions from them the better, whichever way they go - and just furthermore shows…yeah, masks, masks and once again masks, and no concessions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1